Missing mum

I lost my brave & beautiful mum on the 29th December 2023. She battled so courageously with a cancer/brain tumour. This terrible 'thing ’ took my mum away from me. My kind hearted & gentle mum. I miss her so much. I cannot believe she is no longer here. I need to hear her voice once more, hug her & tell her i love her. She was my best friend, my world.

7 Likes

I’m so sorry to read about the loss of your mum and I completely understand how you feel. My mum passed away on the 2nd June 2023 after a long battle with ovarian, kidney and liver cancer. I still can’t believe she is not here and there are still days where I think I’ll text or call mum about that and then I remember she is gone. Some days I feel so lonely and lost.
I have found talking about losing my mum helpful at times, and I have signed up to the Sue Ryder text bereavement service - which I would recommend. Sending you lots of hugs x x x

2 Likes

Hi
Ive also lost my beautiful, amazing and wonderful mum. Four weeks ago today and today would of been her birthday. She was diagnosed with cancer on the 18th of august and tokd she had at best a few months to live. I found it hard to look at her after this because i was scared of watching her fade away, that was selfish of me because she needed me more than ever. I had been one of her main carers for many years and so i lost sight of the fact i was her daughter. I was with her everyday for the 2 weeks she was in the hospice and i was there holding her hand when she died. I miss her every day and am not coping well at all so i do kno exactly how you feel, losing your mum must be one of the hardest things in life to go through. Im so lost and empty without her​:disappointed_relieved::kissing_heart:i wish you well and hope that we can both find our way to cope with our loss​:heart:

2 Likes

I dont know whats happened to the end of my message, that is not what i put, how strange

Thank you both for your replies. I’m very new to this forum & having trouble getting to grips with it.
I must say how very touched i am by your support & encouragement. It’s so very raw & difficult still. I paid for mums funeral today. I still cant believe she is no longer here. I feel i have seen little signs that shes with me though, a song that came on the radio, while i was crying, which stopped me & made me smile for a moment; a robin that visited my garden the morning after she passed away; a penny on the floor in the bedroom that just appeared from nowhere…i hope she continues watch over me. I miss her so much. X

Hi
Missing my mum so much to, its nice to think those little things we see/hear are our mums watching over us, its comforting. My mum wrote me a note back in 2006 which i was told i could read after she died. Ofcourse back then i thought she was being silly and i never gave it a second thought thinking she’d always be here. On emptying her flat i found the note, she wrote, “i know you will miss me and it will hurt but i want you to live your life every day to the full, i will know what your doing because i will be watching you, i love you, mum.” This letter, on a scrappy piece of paper, is now my prized possession and i intend to honour what she wrote, even though at the minute its hard i will get there so long as i keep seeing little signs from her🩷

2 Likes

Thats such a beautiful thing to have Louise! Did you know you can get all sorts of stuff made with copies of someones handwriting eg cushions, engraved cards to carry in purse etc if you wanted?

1 Like

Ally6
Thank you, i didnt think about something like that, i knew you could use photographs but hadnt thought about a letter print. Il deff keep that in mind. Thank you🩷

1 Like

I also have some beautiful words from mum that she had written down :blush:…We are going to read them at her funeral this month. My cousin shall read it, as i know i simply wont be able to …
When i die, cry for me a little, think of me sometimes, but not too much. Think of me as i was in life. At some moments it is nice to recall, but while you live, let your thoughts be for the living. Leave me now and i will watch over you always. Be good to each other for me. I know you are going to be really sad and cry but then i want you to pull yourselves together and enjoy your lives. Love you all. Mum and Nanna x

1 Like

Our mums were truely amazing strong women, were gona miss them forever🩷
Thank you for sharing your wonderful words they are personal to you and your mum so its extra special of you to share. Be strong my lovely youve got an awful day to come, i really do feel for you❤️

1 Like

Hello.
It was mums funeral last Friday; 26 January 2024. I feel numb these days. I have no purpose anymore. I miss her terribly. :broken_heart:…is anyone else finding it even harder following a funeral?

I hope the funeral went ok - i found mums funeral a comfort in some ways because youre all coming together and you realise how many other people cared about Mum - we had a book of remembrance and asked people to share a happy memory of Mum so we could read them later. I think it is harder after the funeral because all the initial rush of activity stops, friends go back to their lives and you’re left thinking “what now?” And of course, your pain hasnt vanished overnight, youre still left dealing with it. Its 13 weeks for me and its still so hard - i feel that loss every single day - i find if i dont cry and acknowledge the pain on a daily basis it just builds up and gets even worse. Just continue taking one day at a time, its still really early days for you :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind and supportive words. I too find that i cry everyday & am at a loss. I will try & take things day by day. I can’t plan as i don’t know how i will wake up & how i will feel that day, but i have intentions of getting outdoors more, with my dog or joining a wellbeing club. Small steps. :heart:

1 Like

Yep, i dont plan much, i have a list of tasks on my phone and try to pick just 2-3 a day, so its achievable. Getting outdoors and getting the early morning sunlight on you is really good for you, so if you have a dog to encourage you and keep you company, even better! :dog:

1 Like

Hi
Small steps are good, take this time at your own pace, dont be rushed along by life. Its been 6 weeks since my mums funeral, 8 since she died. I found it hard that day and i felt lost afterwards. I took about 6 weeks off work and that was time i needed to feel i could cope again. Going back was hard but it was the first step i took and i must admit it has helped with my mental being. Seeing friends i work with again has been lovely but missing mum hasnt gone away, it never will, im aware that life will never be the same but mum would want me to carry on. So in honour to her im trying to do just that, carry on.
You take care of yourself, be strong :heart:

2 Likes