missing my dad

My dad got killed at work 25th September 2019

I’ve been struggling so much - no support available for counselling- has anyone been through similar/ the same

Thanks

Dear @Wishuwerehere19

Welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dad and that you are struggling. You are not alone, there is help and support available to you.

Sue Ryder offer a free Counselling Service. You start by registering for the waiting list and you will then be invited to book an assessment. There is more information on the link above for you to have a look at.

When you are ready and this may help you, there is a Grief Guide which will help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

If you have not done so already, it would be worth considering booking an appointment with your doctor to let them know how you are feeling and see what support they can give you. You too can connect with members here by typing the topic in the search bar.

Please continue to reach out, you are not alone, we are all here to support you.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Hi

My dad was taken dec 2021. Covid took him. I can’t seem to even begin to get over this. I am sad in life and miss him like words cannot express.

Sending you love, I feel your pain

1 Like

Not the same at all.
But lost my dad 4 weeks ago from pancreatic cancer. We knew it would happen but signs were we had much longer. So still have everything undone, un said.

And there are no words. All the well intended comments about how it will get easier, how he’d want you to be happy. I could just punch people! (I dont). A day at a time and a day of tears. I guess that’s all we can do.

Thoughts are with you xx

1 Like