Missing my husband

This month is my 66th birthday, my husband and I had so many plans for when we retired, he passed away 19/12/22, I feel so sad we were together 47 years married 45. He was my best friend, soul mate love of my life, I am finding it so hard without him, we have 3 daughters and 6 grandchildren and they keep me going, but how much I miss him is unbearable. I know things aren’t going to get better, I so much want him to let me know he is okay… I struggle to get through each day and put this front on that I am managing, but truthfully I’m not, my heart is broken.

4 Likes

@Mary.Mac , your post reminds me of my own life. I’m 66 in October and like you we had so many hopes and dreams for our retirement together. I am so sad my lovely husband Pete wont get to do them. I have 3 children and 8 grandchildren who keep me busy, but i miss him so much. Its only 13 weeks since he died suddenly of a cardiac arrest - it seems so much longer as each day drags and nights are long. I do have some better days and like you i mask the pain with others. I will still do some of the things we planned but it won’t be the same. Sending a big hug.

1 Like