I lost my husband beginning of August. We had been together 21 years and got married last February. He was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in October and started chemo in January. He was doing so well but then took a turn and went downhill. Spent 2 weeks in hospital then was moved to hospice where he stayed for three weeks and passed away peacefully 5 days after his 66th birthday. My life feels so empty and I miss him so so much. I’m lost without him and he was my world.
I’m Seaneen, and I can see you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband that brings you here.
I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share these Sue Ryder resources with you too.
- Our Losing a partner support page
- Our Grief Guide self-help platform which has information, resources and advice to help you through your grief
- Our Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS
- Our free Online Bereavement Counselling which is held via video chat
- Our Bereavement Information pages which can walk you through what you are going through.
You might also want to see what support the hospice your husband was in can offer you, too.
Take good care - you are not alone.
I’m so sorry for your loss. I have this to come with my husband, it’s the biggest emotional rollercoaster the minute they get that diagnosis let alone after. Xx
@Nori you take care … and if you want to cry … cry . Dont keep it in… dont try to be too brave xx
Oh don’t worry about that, I’m very emotionally expressive. I rarely hold anything in