Missing my mum.

My mum died unexpectedly 1st January and being an only child have had to sort everything.
It’s just been me and her since she divorced 50 years and although we didn’t live together (her in Yorkshire and me in London) we were still very close.
Now it’s time for all the firsts. My first birthday without her yesterday, then I have new year to face and I miss her so much.

3 Likes

Hello @DavidL ,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are finding the ‘first’ really difficult. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Alex

Hey I know how you feel because I lost my Mum is March and I miss her terribly.

Sorry I don’t have much to say about it other than I understand and it does help to know that there’s other people out there that just get it!

It will be my birthday soon and I’m dreading missing a card from her, people keep asking me what I’d like for it and all I keep saying is to have my Mum back! It totally sucks and I’m dreading Chrismas and new year :frowning:

2 Likes

Hi @DavidL and @Jess1 I know how you both feel. I lost my mum almost 2 months ago, so it is all very fresh, and this will be my first Christmas and birthday coming up without her. I don’t know how on earth I’m going to get through it as I’ve never been without her at these events, and she was the only family I was close to. Whenever my partner asks what I want, I also always just answer that I want my mum :cry: I’m sure everyone always feels like they aren’t ready to lose their mums, but it’s hard as I feel I lost mine too young, too soon, and I have so much of my life to live without her. It’s hard when you see other people who still have their mums. I understand :broken_heart:

2 Likes