Missing my mum

My mum passed away in September just past and I am not coping at all. She was 61yrs old and battled with a GIST form of cancer for the last few years. She fought so well even though she felt so poorly. During covid she spent many times in hospital and had a big surgery to remove her stomach, spleen, part of her pancreas and more. She battled so hard and my two young children, her grandchildren were her reason. Her reason for fighting, she adored them so very much. I just feel numb, I feel angry, I feel lost and as much as I am trying to be strong for my children I am breaking inside literally of a broken heart. Just shy of losing her 4mths ago I cannot process her not being here. Especially as in the end she passed so quickly. She had been managing well, then get a suspected kidney infection. Which in turn all got worse and she could hardly walk or eat. An ambulance was called on the Wednesday and for 6 days they done tests after tests suspected an abscess. To then on the Tuesday to get word the cancer was back and there were 3 large tumours and they gave her a matter of a few months to live. 4 days later she was gone. I cannot believe she is gone.
She was the best wee woman to ever exist. Love you mummy xx

2 Likes

Hello @DebGem

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your Mum that brings you here. You say you are feeling many different emotions right now while trying to be strong for your children, this is so very difficult for you to navigate.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

So sorry for your loss @DebGem. I lost my mum in September too. Still finding it so hard to process that she’s not here. Dreading going into a new year without her. My mum also had cancer, and then a stroke, but fought so hard and I really thought she’d get better, and then it all happened so quickly and she was gone. She so wanted to live and stay with me and I wanted her to get better so badly. I feel so alone without her. Sounds like you also had an incredible mum who fought to get better. Wish they were still with us :broken_heart: x

1 Like