Missing my partner

My partner died in june suddenly. He took a stroke and was on life support for a week he was then pronounced brain dead and i had to have his life support turned off. I don’t int sleep eat go out much i just spend the day in my pjs on the sofa. Ive been put on anti depressants and also anxiety medication.

2 Likes

Hello
My wife died in September , I am not coping well I miss her so much but we have to try to carry on the best we can , if we give up then all the love we shared will be gone , this small piece from a poem helped me with my loss , maybe it will help you. Youre heart can be empty because you cant see him Or you can be full of the love you shared. It is so hard to carry on without my Gill but I owe it to her to try my best , sending you all my love and hugs

Hi @Loopylou0141

I’m so sorry to hear about your partner. It sounds as though things are very difficult at the moment and you are feeling incredibly low.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Kate

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Hi @Loopylou0141
So sorry you have had to find this group but hope we can help you by being here for you. It is the hardest loss to go through in my experience.
Many of us have variable days when we can either help each other or desperately need the help.

Sending love to you. xxx

Thank you so much i just feel so numb all the time ive never felt like this before. Ive still not even started to empty his wardrobe or he was a hoarder of books they are still all around . I sleep with the tshirt he was wearing the night before he died. Im constantly smelling his aftershave. Looking at pictures videos to hear his voice.

1 Like

I haven’t emptied many areas yet after 8 months but there is no rush. I make quilts so lots of clothes are going to be used for those. Mine is done but I still have my daughters to make.
A friend of mine makes memory bears and she did some for us for Christmas. They used Richard’s clothes too so we got rid of very few items. We each chose items we wanted to wear too. In fact I have one of his T shirts on now.

I think you should take your time and do things when it feels right to. x

Thanks so much yes my daughter comes down regularly with one of his tshirts on. I must look in to that idea of memory bear .

Here are ours.

2 Likes

Aww they are gorgeous what a great idea x

In case anyone wants to know, this is who made our bears.

1 Like