Missing my wife

It is 6 weeks today I lost my Darling wife Tanya who had Metastatic breast cancer age 51 she was diagnosed in Aug 19 & I am missing her so much I wish I could have her back.
My Daughter Amy goes back to School very soon & I am dreading it not for my Daughter Amy as I think school will be good for her she is only 13 but I will have to be home alone & I dont like that at the moment.
I gave up my Job to look after my wife & take her to Hospital apointment as she had Epilepsy as well but I could handel Epilepsy as I made her take medication on time which helped get her in a routine so we could near enough predict when her fits would be so I could make sure I was there more at that time for her.
Then to get Diagnosed with Cancer felt like the end of the world to us.
Tanya was my wife my best friend Amy & I have lost a very loving & special wife & Mum it is incredibly hard to even function at the moment I have never experienced pain & sadness like this before & I am struggling.

2 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss of your wife and mother to Amy, I can understand exactly how you feel, as it was exactly how I felt when my husband died, it’s so difficult to see everybody else carrying on as usual, when your own world has come to an end, all I can say is that it does get easier as time goes by, you never stop missing them but it gets easier to cope with, I agree that the best thing for Amy is to get back to school and some sort of routine, take a day at a time, some days will be easier than others, but you will get through this, sending love to you both, Jude

2 Likes

Hi Geoff, Don’t beat yourself up for missing your beloved wife it is very early days and you have the emotional rollercoaster of grief to go through for as long as it takes. I too lost my soulmate 6mths ago and it only feels like 6wks. I am sure you are being a brilliant dad to Amy and I hope you are finding some comfort in each other. Communication is the key. Also when she goes back to school try and find a hobby or some good friends you can meet up with as staying in alone all the time is no good for anyone. I hate it myself but my children are all grown up so I live alone now. Sending hugs and use this group to lean on as we all know what you are going through xx

1 Like

Thank you I am so glad I Joined this group as the people that are the same as me in grief or further on that can help me understand what I am going through.
I have a mother in law that was not really a mother to Tanya.
She was horrible to me during Tanya’s illness telling me things I did not want to hear that I found to painful as far as she is concerned which she has told me I did not do nothing wright with any thing so talk about getting kicked when you are down I felt stamped on.
she even stood outside on Tanya’s funeral.
I went up to her after & said I hope that was ok for Tanya as what I chose ref songs came from my heart she told me I did not to wright then.
So it is very hard & we have been married 23 years very soon so that is going to be very tough.

1 Like

Hello Geof, I share your pain. I have only been on here a few days but already realise that it helps. People really do understand you…We are in it together. Jim

2 Likes