Morning anxiety

The morning anxiety is back. I wake up and feel any moment I will be in floods of tears. I feel anxious wondering how I am going to face the day that stretches out before me. I force my self out of the door to walk smudge I’m back now looking at the grey sky and wondering what I will do with the rest of the day. What do others do in this situation. I’ve tried keeping busy but as soon as I stop I am faced with it again. X

1 Like

@Nel . you can’t avoid the inevitable. Release is the only option. keeping busy is good but the tears will come anyway, so just ride with it. when l feel the build up l just let go and wail. lve come to realise as much as you dont want to, crying is the only way to go. lm hoping at some stage it will lessen, until then l just bawl. Dont hold back, let it go. Hugs to youxx

2 Likes

@Lotswife what is you story My husband died two years ago almost and I still feel in a mess. I don’t know how to move forward No I do but am afraid of everything. I’m afraid of the anxiety Everything feels such an effort and I think what is the point without my husband x

1 Like

@Nel . my husband died in Nov’22, after 51 years of just us, literally. l’m disabled and housebound, so now just me and 4 walls.
Grief has no time limit, your fear of anxiety is causing you to be in a vicious circle, that’s why you need to realise its going to happen anyway, go with it girl, ride it out.
Do you talk to your hubby? Tell him about the day’s events? Get angry with him? l do all these things. its a release, allows me to let go of pent up feelings, curse the world and him for leaving me in a mess.
What’s the point? lve no idea! But you just get on as if he were there. :sob:

3 Likes

Morning Nel,
I pretty much wake up anxious every morning even though I tell myself every night when I go to bed that I won’t, it’s just waiting for me like a unwelcome visitor who’s out stayed their visit.
I have a cup of tea and take some very deep breaths, outside if it’s not raining then I go through what I’m going to do that day. Nothing exciting but it makes me focus on something, anything that stops my mind going down the if Pete was here…
This is such a long hard road to navigate and I like so many of us don’t have the answer but to keep on going.
I am hoping to go for a taster session with my daughter at a rock choir later this week so am thinking I may be able to sing my way out of these feelings.
My thoughts with you and all on this site.
Love Jenny

3 Likes

Dear Nel I feel your pain it’s two years next month since I lost my husband suddenly I’m still here not sure how but we just plod along best we can if we had a choice we would like tone we our love one as it’s so hard with out them have not known life with out him we did most things together 46yrs so it’s hard living life with out them isn’t it one we did not want was looking forward to enjoying retirement together now what the point nit found one yet have to hold on to the memories with the nice weather coming may be it helps out mental state but had seeing couple out together sorry not very positive sending you a hug take care x

2 Likes