Mother dying

I lost my mom to COVID-19 in April, she went in with a chest infection and was in for a total of 6 weeks in which I was not allowed to visit, was sent to a care home after having the all clear from Covid to be back in less then a week with them telling me she was dying and wouldn’t get over it. Withdrew all care but antibiotics and let me see her for two hours before she died. Really struggling to even come to terms with it even through we’ve had the funeral. Nothing seems final, the funeral didn’t feel right due to the numbers, no wake allowed. No chapel of rest nothing. Don’t even know where to begin anymore.

I’m really sorry about the loss of your Mum, losing your Mum is bad enough, but under these circumstances is just awful, I can understand why nothing feels real, am so pleased you were able to be with her for a short time before she died, I really don’t know what I can say to help you, but everybody on this site understands what you are going through, it will become easier in time, I hope you have family to help and support you, sending you love and hugs, Jude xx

Really sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. It’s been 4 months since I found out my Dad died. I’m really struggling too. I organised the funeral which felt surreal. We were only allowed 12 people and we were all sat miles apart. Sending love and big hugs