The cave that holds you captive has no doors
Burnin’ with determination
To even up the score

2 Likes

That last line
To even up the score.
I like that. Thank you

1 Like

I find a lot of comfort in music, very ‘in tune’ to words that reflect my life after loss. I’m truly thankful I have never felt the need “to even up the score”

1 Like

I feel the same @Stargazer.

Not sure where you’re coming from with that line @SusieM.

Music , yes my go to as well, I also have no need to even up the score. Shell is at peace, after some hard years, I am grateful for that, I miss her so much, but the fact she is pain free now, gives me some comfort , my pain is insignificant, compared to what she had.
Take care x

2 Likes

My meaningful song, One more Light by Linkin Park.

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard that song before @PeteE59. I’ve just posted it on the Songs thread.

2 Likes

My songs are,Tell me there’s a heaven, by Chris Rea and Honey, by Bobby Golsboro

2 Likes

Seasons in the sun, just for the line Goodbye Michelle, its hard to die, ( partner was Michelle, Shell). She did love the song.

3 Likes

Not so much that part but I always listen to songs from the Rocky films when I’m lifting weights or running to let off steam

We do need , something to focus on, take us away from the real world. Tomorrow going to a football game, then a few beers, unfortunately, have a few health issues, so going for a run , might actually do me no good.

Im working in a grotto . I love it plus it helps to make the children and parents lives happier.
We must have sung Jingle bells at least 6 times .
But the kids and parents love it ??

That is absolutely fantastic, good on you, some positivity, ,something we all need.
Take care.