Moving forward

Has anyone found setting goals and establishing a routine beneficial ?.

I tend to set one goal a day. It stops me spending the whole day a wreck.

Granted some days goals are more substantial than others - today’s goal was to put the shopping away :joy: for example!

However I do make myself write in a journal once a day. I usually do it at least 3 or 4 times but always at least once.

Hi lost my husband last year it’s only now where I am functioning better I find if I keep busy it’s a little easier. I don’t set any goals yet but I am moving forward better now. I still can’t see my future without him. Now lockdown is easing and can see family and friends hopes me
Take care

1 Like

Kim5,
For me it’s keeping busy and spending the day with a friend or my sister.
When I’m on my own I’m not good, I go over everything in my head, and start to feel anxious, the evenings and nights are the worst.:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Hi, I lost my soulmate in February , every day is a struggle, some days I wish I hadn’t even woken up, I write in my journal when I need to talk to him it helps a little, we have a 12 year old daughter so I have to be strong for her but it’s hard XX

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss with such a young daughter as well certainly is a struggle every day. Day by day. I find I have some ok days then wham hits you again xx
Take care x

1 Like

Lost 82
It made me smile when you said one of your goals was putting the shopping away. I have days when I take control of planning improvements for the house and then it takes about 3 months to decide which job to do first and then another 3 months to do it! I used to be a multi tasker at work but at this rate I don’t think I would survive even a day at work now.
I know totally what you mean though. It even takes me 2 hrs to decide to get up in the morning and another 2 to make a cup of tea.

2 Likes