Moving on

Dear All

I have not been a regular poster on here, but taken time to be read posts and exchange a few personal messages with some lovely members. This site has gently helped me, and would like to say a big thank you to you all.

I lost my mother 8 months ago and for me I feel ready to embrace this New Year. Its a bit daunting facing the first new year without her, but feel strong enough to do so.

I feel that she is still with me and having her things about gives me great comfort, as I know others have found the same. The journal and self help grieving resources have been a wealth of support, and helped me on the right path.

My father passed away when I was 5, so experienced a life long loss. My mother is now reunited with him and that gives me great comfort. Where they are buried, is where I got married and had our son christened. So visiting the grave brings comfort and happy memories also.

As other members have found, selling my late mothers house and sorting it was a very emotional and difficult time. Many tears and memories were evoked. Tomorrow my mothers house completes, and feel ready to let go. luckily it was not the childhood home, but naturally still a loss. The memories of happy times gone by are deep within my heart.

Everyones journey is personal and there are no time limits or correct methods. Its something each of us works through. My journey is nowhere near over… but I feel ready to travel the path and leave the forum.

Thanking you all for your support and wishing you all the very best.

Love and Light

Retro Rose X

7 Likes

@retrorose thank you for all of your amazing support to others here on this community. You’ve been a valued member and you will be missed. It’s really great to hear that you feel ready to take this next step. Always know that you’re welcome back anytime. I’m wishing you the very best too, take lots of care :yellow_heart:

2 Likes