Moving on

In Dec we were told my sister in law was terminally ill they gave her a month x in Dec her mum my mum in law died suddenly the day we buried her I took my hubby into hospital he died in March my sister in law died in July I was her main carer through all of this
I have six children and 5 grandchildren I feel they are not giving me time to sort myself out but when am alone I can’t cope

Hi dmandy,

I’m so sorry to read that your husband, sister-in-law and mum-in-law have all died in such a short space of time. With caring for your sister-in-law, and then sorting out their affairs, you have had such a lot on your plate, and it sounds as though you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve found this site and I hope that it helps to be able to write things down here and talk to others who have also lost loved ones.

You mention in your other post that all you want to do is cry - it is ok to cry, and many people find it is better than bottling up their feelings.

Are your children supportive? Can they help you out with some of what needs to be done?

yes they are but they are all trying to cope with their own grief and there own lives. i have always been the strong person and find it hard for my children to see me not coping so i just pretend everything is normal.its the nights that are the hardest

It can be really tough being the strong one. It may help if you can let people know that you’re struggling. Or, if you really don’t feel that you can do that, at least this site is one place where you don’t have to put on a brave face. Please feel free to post here whenever you need to.

You could also think about getting some bereavement support from an organisation likeCruse Bereavement, or ask your GP about bereavement support in your local area.

Oh dmandy. I am so sorry. Your losses are so much greater than mine. I have lost my wife and love but for you to loose so many of your family in such a short space of timed must be very hard to bear. I really do not think you have to put on a hard and coping front, at least I hope you do not because I can not. Please feel that you can cry on any supportive shoulder and, eventually, you will find that the tears get further apart and then stop for most of the time. I believe and truly hope that is the case.