Moving on

Struggling with
what a lovely thoughtful post, my children have said something similar to me, I think yes people have to be careful and think about the reasons why, as you say each case is different and I think the bottom line for me would be that I would talk to my children then follow my instinct as to wether the timing was right for me. Also the thought of dating again absolutely scares the begeebas outta me!

You all have been so understanding and kind and Iā€™ve took on board what you all have said to me who knows where life will take me now but Iā€™m looking forward to my future. to others who have never been in this awful situation will judge me but hey who cares as long as my 2 girls are ok then thatā€™s all that I care about. I will always love my husband this new person understands about my wedding ring on (when is the right time to take that off to a different finger or around neck) photos around etc. All so very hard to know what to do as you have to take other peopleā€™s feelings into consideration too donā€™t you xx

Hi Crystal when he time is right for me I am going to have my wedding ring and his combined into two rings one for me and one for his beloved grandaughter. Perhaps this is something you could do for your girls a symbol of the love they were born out of. X

Anybody who can find happiness/companionship again I would say good luck to them. Canā€™t see it got anythin to do with anybody else. I saw a situation where the husband died and the wife was totally heartbroken but twelve months on she remarried to a friend of them both and has a happy marriage again. Family and friends turned their backs on her and thought it terrible that she should re-marry. Some totally ignored her. I couldnā€™t understand their attitude and still canā€™t. Another friend lost her husband at a young age and six years on is still traumatised and never stops talking about him. Attractive woman, but stuck in a time warp.
I know I will never have this dilemma or decision to make as I think I would be much too difficult at my age and there would be too many conditions. The list is much too long.

Finding this thread really helpful. Iā€™m 3.5 years into losing my partner and the loneliness I feel is sometimes unbearable especially in the evenings but I also donā€™t feel ready for someone newā€¦I sometimes wish I did so I would say that whatever feels right to you is ok. I wish Iā€™d found this forum earlier. Take care