Mum passed away

Hi I lost my mum in March this year.
I’m struggling with the pain and loss I’m feeling. I feel so alone. My dad and sister who live in a different country don’t care she’s passed and not once asked how I’m feeling. I am also in recovery from alcohol addiction for a few years now. This is really testing me… I have no Family to talk too. I have really down days then a couple that are ok then really down again… I’m struggling I don’t know how to cope with these feelings. X

Jo,72, I sorry to hear of the loss of your Mum. I lost my Mum suddenly just over 8 months ago to pneumonia and a heart attack.
I’m glad you’ve found this site, as the people here are friendly and supportive. It’s a great place to get things off your chest.
Take care.

1 Like

Hi thank you for your reply, I’m sorry for your loss too… it’s so difficult isn’t it…
I can’t think straight… I Fee like I want to curl up into a ball and never come back out.

Hi Jo, I am sorry you only got one reply to your post. Sometimes it just happens, please do not think no one cares about you.

I see from another post that you are going to start bereavement counselling, that is a good idea, I know 6 sessions might not be enough, but hopefully it will get you started. In the meantime, you should continue posting here and keep talking about your feelings, because you are alone and need people to listen to you.

1 Like

Thank you for replying to my post.
I feel so alone with this.
I have started Councelling in a group setting. I feel it is helpful knowing and talking to others that are going through similar…
It’s just a shame I didn’t get the same response on here.
Thank you for your kind words.