Mum passed

My mum passed on the 16.4.20. Prior to her passing I moved into her home to care/be with her; after 7 days she passed holding my hand. I know that she is in a better place - I imagine her with my dad ( he passed April 18) having a wonderful time in heaven.
I miss our relationship so much. I find that I cannot remember simple words and I lack motivation.

I’ve arranged mums funeral for 19 May by myself - 10 people in attendance.
My siblings, relatives and mums friends seem more focused on arranging a memorial service and big celebration of mums life later on in the year.
I’m so sorry to say, I don’t care about a memorial event I just care and cry because mum has gone.

Hi. Missnorms and welcome. Not remembering simple words is the result of shock. Trauma. Yes, it is a life trauma. Try not to worry about future memorial services, just take it one day at a time. The funeral may be a trying time for you and I hope you have support from those present. You need as much support as you can get.
Let the tears come. Emotions are natures way of helping with stress. Motivation will come back, but at the moment all you can feel is pain and ‘whats the point’. There is never a ‘point’ that any of us can see and it all seems so unfair.
Take it easy, well as easy as you can. Be kind to yourself as well as others who mourn. Blessings. You are in my prayers for 19th. May.

2 Likes

Hi, Jonathan as said everything and try to be kind to yourself. I know exactly how you feel about a memorial service, it’s when that’s the worry because by the time we can do anything safely it may be to late, so please just ignore it for now. Try to look after yourself, eat well and excise if possible so you can sleep, grieving is hard. Blessings S

Hello Jonathan and Susie
Thank you both so very much for taking the time to offer me support. I will follow the advice offered as it makes sense. God bless you xx Sandra