Mum 💔

I lost my mum 4 days ago. She had been unwell a while and chemo seemed to make her worse. Thry stopped it after the 2nd round but the damage was done. I feel lost. Alone. Me and my siblings are trying to cope with our loss. One of my siblings took on the roll of helping our mum but its became clear that it wasn’t purely out of love but also greed. This sibling has taken control over everything. Convinced the hospital not to let the rest of us see our mum before her death. They wouldn’t even tell us how our mum was. I’m heartbroken that i lost my mum and not being aloud any participation in what happens next is horrible. I found out my sibling has cleared out my mums home and taken what she can. I’d much rather have my mum here than her belongings but I’d still like somethings to keep to have something you know?. Apparently this sibling has also got some male friends of their’s to come to the funeral (whenever that is as I’m not even sure if the rest of us will be told) and kick out anyone my sibling doesn’t want there. I just don’t know what to do its such a hard horrible situation we’re all hurting and should be working together not one sibling turning against the others because they’re selfish

Hello @Claire52,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It sounds as though the situation with your sibling has made you feel like you don’t have any say in what happens now, and you’re feeling lost and alone. I hope you find the community to be a support to you. Conflict in the family after the death of a loved one is very common, and hopefully someone will have some support to share.

I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Seaneen

Hi Claire, I am so sorry to hear of the circumstances around your mams death. My mum past in Jan 23. Its probably not much comfort, but couldn’t you and your siblings hold your own special send of for your mam? It’s what’s in your heart that matters, not where you are. Your mam knows you all loved her that’s what matters now.
Peace and love
Lyn21

2 Likes