Murder

My brother was stabbed in his own home by his friend and now 2 years on I can’t seem to get past it I’m going through motions of life but I’m not living because I want too I feel I have too

Hello Jv29,

I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your brother in such a way. It sounds like things have been tough for a while, and processing what happened must be so hard for you.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Take care,
Hazel
Online Community team

@Jv29

That must feel terrible. I have no idea what it’s like, I’m just glad that I have managed to get through my life without that happening to someone that I love.

I guess I’m older than you, I’m in my 60s, I often look at the local newspaper and think that the whole world has gone mad. It’s all about money these days, how much you have or don’t have, and because of COVID many thousands of people have been forced into poverty.

I can only echo the suggestion that you try counselling. You should get help with this via Victim Support, and if you haven’t been in touch with them try that. The reverberations of a murder last for a lifetime in those who are left behind.

You are not alone. There is help there somewhere. You’ve take the first step here, keep on trying.

I wish I could help you more. But that’s all I can say.

With love,

Christie xxx

@Jv29 So so sorry x I can’t imagine for a minute the feeling of someone you love taken in such a way x Thank you for sharing and I hope you can focus on today. Everyday you are getting through is another day done x Love to you x