My beautiful husband

Hello I lost my husband just 2 years ago when COVID was at its peak. I could not visit him in hospital but only could see him outside a window. I miss him terribly and have tried to get support everywhere but unfortunately tbere is nothing in Glasgow no support groups or help. Sometimes would just like to speak to someone who gets it . Thank you for listening
Elizabeth

8 Likes

@ElizabethLo
So sorry for your loss.
You have found your way to a good place for support, even if it’s only online.
There are so many lovely people here who do understand so hope you’ll post whenever you wish to.
Hugs
Karen xxx

3 Likes

@ElizabethLo I am so sorry that you lost your husband in those circumstances. To only be able to see him from the other side of a window , I can’t imagine how that must have been for both of you.
I have had a few good days but then today I had to speak to a councilor over the phone and have cried on and off all day. It never goes away does it?
I looked on the NHS website and found a site called IAPT and referred myself. They called me today, did an assessment and will call me again next week. It may be of help to you.
Take care x

1 Like

Thank you so much xx

Elizabeth lo
I was sorry to hear how you lost your husband and that you couldn’t find any support. That is so hard when you were in such need of help. Thank you for writing and telling us what happened. I didn’t lose my husband to covid but knew he would have done if we had not tried to shield but he wouldn’t and I was fortunate ge did later on take care but it was hard his last few years were so restrictive
It must have been so hard for you all this time. I do hope you can get comfort from using this site. I only just found it by accident. My husband died 3 months ago in hospital after five weeks in there
They said he didn’t catch covid in there but he was very ill anyway and thought he had made it but then he died after all that he went through
I will never know as at first they were going to do a post mortem and then changed their minds which upset us and told us we would have to pay ourselves if we did.
But so many upsetting things that feel unfair. I felt angry which is part of grief but then was too exhausted to follow it through but thought I would. How do you feel now and how are you managing? Love

1 Like

Im so sorry for your loss :heart: My husband had a massive stroke he was 56. We also thought he would make it but he spent 7 months in hospital fighting. I think I’m still in shock and I’m terrified to feel the pain so I have blocked everything out. As soon as he passed I enrolled in college for nursing and now I’m in university. It’s so hard to get help I’ve tried everywhere but so little support.
How are you? How are you coping xx

2 Likes

Good on you kid for enrolling for nursing xx

1 Like

Me coping well today I coped better because I was distracted with three grandsons arriving for lunch and afternoon as the teachers were on Strike. The kids don’t mind talking about him and that helps.
But miserable too much on my own.
I keep seeing lots down as no one to talk to. I cry most days. Just keeps bubbling up so puts me off going ouzt. But am better when have to do something nice. Like had to write some kids card’s

2 Likes