My beautiful man

I lost my partner of 8 years yesterday , he was 51
He had been ill since he broke his leg in May 21, he never really recovered and turned to alcohol to stop the pain, he drank a lot but for the past 6 months he was trying his best to get sober and get his life back. He was in alcohol recovery and getting his spark back but the past four months his health deteriorated, his liver started to fail , he lost his mobility and slowly getting worse. It was a case of too little to late , he was admitted in hospital for tests a week ago on Wednesday , he cried as he knew he wouldn’t come back home , he slowly got worse with his breathing and was transferred to ICU , they intubated him and gave him blood pressure meds as his blood pressure was fluctuate rapidly. He was fully sedated and they had started him on dialysis as his kidneys started to fail, he then caught covid ( had escaped it never had it ) he was put in isolation and I couldn’t see him , the last time I spoke to him was last Sunday , as I left I told him I loved him and he through our relationship always said “I tolerate you “ lol , this time he said “I love you too” this makes me happy cause I knew he loved me so much. 24/09/22 I got the call to go , I knew he was going , I arrived at 8:00am , dressed in PPE , I saw him he wasn’t awake but I stroked his head and held his hand and told him to go , I told him how much we loved him, how he had to wait for me and that he was the most beautiful boy in the world , my heart is shattered and I would do anything to just hold him again but he isn’t in pain anymore and I take this as a blessing … I want people to remember him as the funny, witty , very inappropriate, charming , beautiful man he was and he lit up my world like nobody has or will ever do again my soul mate my true love my forever

7 Likes

Thinking of you.
G. X

1 Like

Micks girl
Love and best wishes to you. Your love is out of pain now.
I hope you find support in your grief.

1 Like

Hi Micks girl I am so sorry for your loss.Its unbearable I know .Its true your beautiful boy is no longer in pain but to have him back in no pain how unbelievable that would be .?
I lost my lovely husband 11 years ago .I will miss him forever this March I lost my beautiful caring son my only child.The pain is beyond words.All I can say is take each day as it comes and just do and feel what you want to do.People mean well but it’s you that has to carry on.Ive cried a million tears and always will.Dont hold back cry as much or wherever you want.You are in my thoughts God Bless you xxx

2 Likes

It’s taken enormous strength to post this so soon after your partner’s death, I went back to work the following day after my partner died, just needed to feel and be ‘normal’ … much love and thoughts xx

2 Likes

I cannot work yet my emotions are all over the place. I need to sort his celebration of life out and give him the best send off possible. Iv cried and will continue to cry , he was my world , my joy , my first and last thought every day and for as long as I live he shall be just that

1 Like