My beautiful mum

Oh my goodness how difficult for that poor man, still it does help talking to others who are grieving so you probably helped him.

I thought long ago that it wouldn’t hurt as much if I had my own children, but it does. Kind of worse as they loved her so much too. She was a massive part of their lives, and they, like my dad are in so much pain which makes my heart break just that little bit more :broken_heart:

Sounds like you and your mum had a lovely relationship together Ann…
Such a loss!
I’m 53 - so not much younger than yourself.
I wonder if you hear the same,
“Oh they had a good innings”
“Oh you’re so lucky to have had so much time with your mum”
Yes I am very fortunate - But I wish people wouldn’t assume because of age or time spent with our loved ones causes less or more pain…
I am also fortunate to have a husband and children - But I really crave space to feel the way I feel instead of trying to carry on the way others expect me too…
I truly believe a part of me died with my mum - It’s now up to me to carry on and try and find a way of living a life without her in it…
Take Care and be kind to yourself Xx

My mum also died tragically in October 2020 we also lost dad 3 months previously in July , they had been together for over 6o years they would of celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary in the sept . My mum was in a terrible state and couldn’t cope without my dad . Finding it so hard to cope without them both .

Chilla1961 I’m so sorry you lost both your parents last year. It’s awful, you suddenly become a small child again, but whatever our ages they’re our parents and it bloody hurts. My dad just doesn’t want to be here anymore, and I miss my mum so so much. I hope you and I find peace at some point in the future! Xx

Hi Claire thank you for your kind words , I know exactly what you are going through , my mam did not want to be here
She was in a permanent state of disbelief , she couldn’t face going back to their home and she stayed with me after he died. She died after a tragic accident, people kept trying to console me by saying it’s for the best they are together again but it doesn’t make it any easier, it’s so hard getting used to them both not being here . I have five Lovely children and 5 grandchildren and they have been very supportive . I know it’s still early days but just want to stop feeling so sad :broken_heart:

Hi :heart: Well it’s not for the best, but they are together :sparkling_heart: my dad doesn’t believe in it but I do and when it’s his time my mum will be waiting for him, just as they both will when it’s my time. My mum was a strong woman and no one thought she’d go first, she was so healthy; my dad has kidney disease and I do his dialysis every day for him. So we kind of all thought it would be dad first, it was so sudden and unexpected, I always worried about my kids driving but never thought I’d have to worry about my mum crossing the road :broken_heart: my cousin who lost her dad and daughter within 15 months of each other says it does get easier and you just get used to it. I guess we loved our mums and you your dad soooo much which makes it harder to bear. I have my girls and husband but no grandchildren yet, big hugs to you. Keep in touch and I hope you and I feel “better” soon Xx

Big hugs to you Ann. My mum had a beautiful smile too, she was our angel, and she really is angel now, as is your beloved mum :heart: I took a photo of her the evening before she was taken from us, her smile is so beautiful, and she looks so happy, I’d do anything to see her just one more time :broken_heart: take care Xx

Hi everyone Iost my mum 3 years ago this forum helped me for along time I was a full time carer and mum lived with me she died on my birthday it was so awful and reading all your lovely stories about your fabulous mums brings it all back I was on this forum for a year and a half and it helped speaking to people going through the same grief as me it is so hard and a roller coaster to get through those first years but things do get better I think and talk to my lovely mum every day my heart goes out to you all just take one step at a time and take it all as slowly as you all want every ones grief is there way of getting through it I don’t know why I came back today but if my story helps someone that would be good there is light at the end of the tunell if day by day is to much do hour by hour that got me through love to you all

1 Like

Bless you, thank you :pray:t3: for your words :heart:

Hi Claire,

I’m 27 with a sister who is 28, brother who is 25, and another brother who is 23. We lost our Mum very unexpectedly and suddenly on the 31st of January to a brain aneurysm. Mum was only 55, active and healthy. She was our best friend and we are heartbroken that she won’t be by our side as we carry on through life. We would do anything to have our Mum here still, she would have done anything to be here with us as we were her world.

Just hold onto the love of your kids - love them back even harder. You are their world, remember that. I wouldn’t wish this pain on anyone, I am so sorry for your loss. Please remember that you are not alone.

Zoe

Thankyou year I know how it feels it’s so hard and the road to grief is so hard my life is so different without mum but you will all smile again and life will get better I lost my job my person who lived with me and my friend but now I think of all my lovely memories of my mum the bad memories do fade in time and good ones stay my heart breaks for you all at this time love jage

1 Like

Hi Zoe thank you for your message, I’m so sorry you lost your mum at such a young age, I’m 52, my mum was 9 days from turning 86. She was my everything :heart: I love my girls so much but they’re pretty much grown up now, but they miss their ‘meme’ so much, they had an incredible relationship with her​:sparkling_heart: my dad now has no one and that is the most painful thing. Sending you big hugs to you and your siblings xx