My beloved husband still helps me

After I started my old (really old) laptop I was looking for my email account and could not find it. Instead, there was a different app and I could not find my old app. And of course, I panicked again. I am completely helpless with computers and since my husband passed away my concentration is just terrible. I panic immediately and cannot think straight. And I have no one to ask for help and I cannot get the computer guy to come over the whole time because it costs a lot of money. And I was asking my husband for help (the same happened when I had trouble with the printer). All of a sudden I started calming down and I had the feeling that his hands were on my shoulder and I heard him, just calm down, shut the laptop, etc. And it worked. I went into the kitchen to make myself a coffee, calm down, and started my laptop. Logged in differently and voila, my app and emails are back. My Darling even now looks after me. He even repaired our roof so nicely before he died (something the roofer could not do) that it is not raining in at the moment but still, I would prefer to have him here in flesh and blood. I love you for now and ever, my Hasi-Bear. Sending lots of love and hugs to everyone.

15 Likes

How very special for you.
I’m smiling with you :relaxed:

5 Likes

@Annaessex that’s lovely. We definitely do feel them when we need them. Like you, I wish he was here in the flesh. I miss him loads!

4 Likes

@Annaessex Well done you!!! I’m sure your chap would be so proud. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hi there Annaessex
Isn’t it lovely when you can feel them near and they help us. I am so pleased you have had this experience. I have also had similar experiences. The first one was shortly after Brian died and all the lamps (I am a lamp fanatic) in the bedroom just wouldn’t work. I even tried the main light and that wouldn’t either. I sat on the floor in the dark crying and asked my husband to help me and show me what to do. Like you I suddenly became calm and managed to get the lot working again. I changed fuses, bulbs and even found the culprit that had caused the blow out. I then tried the main light again and it worked. I guessed my husband was testing me.
Take care of yourself.
Pat
xx

3 Likes

That is lovely. I still feel my hubby around although I would like to have him here with me on the couch holding hands. Sending lots of love and hugs.

1 Like

You know i had the same thing the other day when i was sooo upset … i could hear my husband say calm down debra … im here with you … I dunno if it was in my imagination but it sounded so like him ! X oh dear … what are we to do :frowning: just stay as brave as we can … the worlds going nuts anyway ! There wont be one left soon the way its going ! xxx

3 Likes

Hello Debra, I thought I was the only one hearing or feeling the husband around. I thought: Oh dear, get the men with the straight jacket in but it is true: There are more things in Heaven and Earth than we know or think we know. It is a comforting thought that helps us to carry on in this terrible existence of despair and tears. Sending lots of love and hugs.

2 Likes

Yep … who knows i dunno ? But they do say their spirit stays around for a long time after they depart this world and i truly believe that … but i was reading last night on cruse bereavment website that it is common for you to see them or hear them … its probably memory recall … i remember a few months after my husband passed … i literally saw him walking down the road - a route he has taken many times . I know it was a memory but it seemed so real ! However that day it made me cry buckets cos i so wanted it to be true that he was still here ! Xx

2 Likes

But youre right … it says in the bible doesnt it … that there are more things in heaven and earth … x

2 Likes

I read that to and think it was wrong to mention that cause it provides people with comfort.

But I have had many things happen that is unexplainable and I try and not think too much about what it said on there.

2 Likes

I dont think theres anything wrong with it ? I had my vision of my husband before i read that actually ! I know its just my memory but obviously it is very strong … but it made me cry ! But not everybody will experience it x

1 Like

Oh sorry, I wasn’t meaning what you said! I was referring to cruse saying that feeling their presense was a symptom of grief.

I was feeling my mums presense and when I first read that on their help page it really upset me and made me question everything and doubt what I was getting.

But on a positive note I’ve had way too many things happen to think it’s just a normal symptom of grief, I believe with all my heart its more than that and our loved ones really do show us that they’re still around!

Sorry for the misunderstanding x

2 Likes

Oh i see what you mean … almost making out that you were imagining it you mean ! Yeh well like we were discussing on maybe a different link ? That it says in the bible " there are more things in heaven and earth" and i believe you can feel their spirit too … and their presence … i felt it too … not scary at all … its their loving spirit you feel … the love you had :wink: almost as if its supporting you xx im not offended … just cruse bereavment were really good to me when i first lost my husband ! They were so kind and i had to text them quite a lot in those early days as i was heartbroken :broken_heart: xx

2 Likes

Yeah they are good but reading that actually shocked me at the time, cause just feeling her around comforted me and obviously when I read that I thought perhaps I was losing my mind but so many things have happened to me to think I’m losing my mind now lol x

1 Like