My brother suddenly died 13/06

Hello, I don’t know what I’m hoping to get from posting on here, but my brother died suddenly 3 weeks ago he was 31. It is his funeral Tommorrow and I’m dreading it. I know that it isn’t about me it’s about him so I need to be stronger and try and celebrate his life. But I’m heartbroken beyond words. I love him so much, and just want him back. He was too young to go and had his whole life ahead of him.
My sister also died 13 year ago, and my family have already endured this pain, so I know that with time you learn to live with it. But this feels different, I feel utterly shattered at the thought of not seeing him again. xx

Dear Xxdna, I think we all hope to get some empathy, compassion and understanding when posting on this site. Generally speaking that’s exactly what we get. I am so sorry for your loss. Siblings have a special bond. Each one forms a part of a whole picture and when one is lost the picture can never be whole again. And yet, perhaps it can. One of my brothers died 5 months before my husband. 2017. What a crappy year that was. However, with regards to my brother, he is still part of our whole family picture. I still say I have 6 brothers. I will always have 6 brothers. I miss him like crazy because he was crazy. The Joker of the family. He still comes up in conversation often and I can imagine he is still here.
At 31, your brother was indeed too young to go. You were obviously very close so of course you’re hurting. But that special bond will never be lost. It’s so very sad that you are having to endure the loss of a second sibling. Perhaps you and your brother became even closer after the loss of your sister. My post is probably of no solace to you at all but I just wanted you to know that I understand. I truly understand. Cherish the memories because memories are pure gold. Sending love xx

Hi, I lost my brother suddenly too last year in feb We hadn’t spoken for a year then told he was in hospital with meningitis, less than 48 hours later we lost him. He was 49 years old, and had plans to celebrate his 50th in June.
Still can not believe it .
It’s a horrible feeling as part of me has gone too.

Thank you for your kind words, I am also very sorry about the loss of both your brother and your husband, in such a short space of time. One death is bad enough never mind 2.

I think your right, since my older sister died we were closer, my family were more aware than most about what’s important and how easily things can be taken away. I never in a million years imagined he would die. I really thought we would grow old together, and be in each other’s life’s constantly.

Xx

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to message, I am so sorry for your loss, especially as it happened so quickly.

I can relate in some ways, I feel a part of myself has gone with him. I feel robbed of time with him, and of all the things we were meant to do. X