My dad

Hi I’m new to this and I never thought I would need help . I lost my dad 18 months ago . He had dementia. I was on holiday and came back to find he had gone down hill .
I went to the nursing home to find my mum coming out of his room crying it was horrible to see her in that state as I didn’t really know what was going on . We sat down and talked about was was going on and I felt angry that she hadn’t told me . I stayed with him day and night and watched him slowly die and there was nothing I could do to stop it . He had given up refused everything to the point where his throat was so badly swollen with sores that he couldn’t swallow so they tried to give him fluids intravenously but he just swelled up so they had to take it out . I heard that death rattle twice but he seemed to fight it . 10 days I sat there and then his body just finally gave up and he passed away . I thought I could cope but I need help as I can’t

I’ve just gone through the same 8 weeks ago with my darling mum. I watched her in agony for 15. Days with sepsis. I have a meltdown every night.
I have reached out to cruse for bereavement counselling with Cruse, which helps . Also speak to your gp. You are not alone

Thank you I am going to see my gp this afternoon . I am so sorry to hear about your mum x