My ex

My ex gf died last month and ive been in bits since. I cant talk to my wife about it and my son…with my ex gf doesnt talk about it. I miss her more than i thought possible. Her funeral was last week and i went and had to sit and listen to all the things her husband wrote. He missed out so much of her life and will never know that she was planning to leave him.

Hello Tomtom71j,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like your ex-girlfriend was a significant part of your life, so it’s understandable that you’ve been in bits.

You mention that you cannot talk to your wife or son - do you have a close friend perhaps that you can open up to? It’s really important to share how you’re feeling and not bottle everything up. This community is a safe space for you to do just that. Some people also find it helpful to speak to a bereavement counsellor and if this is of interest to you then we have a free online counselling service for members of this community. More information about this is available at the side of this page.

Take care of yourself. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to support you.

Best wishes.
Eleanor