My husband passed away

My husband died on the 30th of March. He was 44. It was from a brain tumour completely out of the blue.we have 2 children. We were married for 17 years together for 22 years. I don’t know what to do. I feel so alone. I miss him terribly. He was my best friend. My everything.

I’m so sorry, what a terrible situation for you to have to cope with.
I cannot imagine how difficult it must be for you and your two children.
Just know this, that whatever you feel, however you act, whatever you think it is completely normal. Do not be pushed faster than you are ready. Society copes worse than we do with grief, it’s your grief, your loss. Do whatever you need to do to ease the pain of this moment. I hope that soon you will start to feel a bit better.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words xx

So sorry,I know those feelings,I lost my husband 15th March,I keep going one day at a time ,please look after yourself,it’s amazing where the inner strength comes from to keep putting one foot in front of the other,wish I had the words to help,take care x

Thank you. I’m sorry you have also lost your husband xx

I lost my husband 2 weeks ago, very suddenly and I still don’t know what happened to him. I have to wait for a post mortem. I have two teenagers who are busy living life. Just feel lost and alone. I miss our chats and laughs about life, can’t imagine never being able to talk to him again.

I feel exactly the same way. It is unbearable xx

It is unbearable and impossible to see how it will ever feel better. I find people offer to talk and go for a coffee, but they don’t know what it feels like. Such a lonely feeling. xxx

I’m so sorry to hear about your husband and you have two children, it must be so hard your helping them too, my children are grown up and I know how hard it hit them. My husband had a GB4 brain tumour he was given six weeks, but he lasted 3 years 6 months, I like you miss him so much, can’t believe he will not walk through the front door again, I have to try and give myself a good talking to or I think I would go mad. Roy would hate it if I was sad and I’m sure your husband would be too. Take a day at a time I find that helps he died on the 23/01/ 2018 and it only seems like yesterday I go over and over it I’m sure it’s normal sometimes I don’t know what is take care of yourself lovely big hugs to you all X

My thoughts are with you all. My husband passed away in April this year. Still so raw. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer and died after just three weeks. Life can never be the same again you just have to put one foot in front of the other and in his memory somehow carry on. Look after yourself and big hugs to you.

Lost soul seems such an appropriate name. That is how I feel…My husband passed away in April we had been married 35 years he was 60 years old.This is my first post and I feel for all of you posting here.It is so awful losing your best friend the person you laughed with, chatted with about your problems and the one you depended on, your rock in life. All of you take care and look after yourselves. Sorry for your losses

Hi Everyone, I’m new to this. I lost my beloved husband five weeks ago and feel totally cast adrift. Some days I feel absolutely numb and then the pain and weeping start. It comes from nowhere and is uncontrollable. I’ve seen so many supportive messages on this site it is a bit of a relief to see that I am not abnormal

Hi Denise. I am sorry for your loss. Just to reassure you there is nothing whatsoever abnormal about how you are feeling. I wish I had found this site sooner to give me some reassurance about the awful overall experience of losing a person so precious to you. I still cry everyday and have yet to return to work but I think it is getting a little easier as time passes.Be kind to yourself and take care.

Cx

Hi Carolposture thank you for your kind words you take care of yourself too x