My late husband is in my dreams :)

Hi
I have started to have dreams about my husband he passed in May this year after a short battle with cancer. In my dreams he is his usal self, we have discussions about day to day problems and our families. he gives me the confidence to sort out problems and reasures me i am doing fine. these dreams bring me great comfort. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I do to, the dreams are positive and reassuring. Often we are tackling something useful together.
One of the early ones showed a home he was preparing for me. Another we walked by the sea, I knew I could not go over the wall although he could, we paddled in a shallow sea puddle that had come over the wall. X

1 Like

I too have started having dreams about my partner but often i wake myself crying i cannot remember them all but some have been of him passing away where he was gasping for breath not sure why i am getting these kind of dreams x

1 Like

I have kept a dream diary since my partner died unexpectedly last November not been many days I have not dream about him most have been happy dreams some very vivid have had a few upsetting ones every night I hope I dream of him

2 Likes

I do say out loud shall we meet in our dreams tonight, last night I had a strange one. We were in another place not young but about our age but if we were fitter. We were getting married again, the custom was to eat the flowers I was holding. We thought it strange but ate some to follow the custom. Today I looked the dream up, I do not usually do this I just work out to what message applies. It has a mystical meaning in some cultures and peonies mean healing. So perhaps We should have ate the whole bunch!

1 Like

Hi
i have had a few upsetting ones too, i think it is just the shock of loosing a loved one. i was there when my husband took his last breath, i have photos of him around the house as i really dont want to remember how he looked when he diedā€¦ i think they help. wishing you all the best and peaceful dreams, Xx

1 Like

Oh ladies, itā€™s so comforting to hear of your experiences, and I so envy you your dreams of your partners, although I know I shouldnā€™t. Apart from thinking that I heard my wifeā€™s voice say my name a few days ago whilst I was dozing on and off, I have not had any dreams about her. I feel there was such a strong bond between my wife and I that I keep expecting/hoping for some sort of communication from her, and I ask her every night to visit me and help me through this horrible experience.
My wife was always the creative one of us two and sensitive to such things, and I sadly was the logical one. I would love to try to develop that side of my character/personality to become more like my wife, and have been reading a couple of her books which I hope might help in that direction.
I sincerely hope your dreams continue to bring you comfort.

2 Likes

Sometimes I keep quiet because I am aware that not every one has the same experiences.
I have always had remembered dreams as as a child I loved going to bed to see the pictures.
I think itā€™s is about intuition and we all have it but some people are not aware, yet the larger part of our brains use it. There is a lovely film InnSaei on Amazonā€™s Prime, It is an Icelandic word.
So many inventions and plots for books etc. that just Come out of the blue.
I find that I have to do the logical stuff then let go and so often a far better Idea comes than my hard graft.
I always follow it and it works!
Scientists are appreciating intuition more as they delve into quantum physics.
Many drivers have said they suddenly slowed not knowing why and something came around the bend but they avoided it. I just love the workable mystery. Suppose it is learning to trust ones instincts.
What books are you looking at?
I think that the consciousness remains just on another frequency or dimension, like radio waves or electricity, we use but do not see. It is a mystery but it is about letting go, I have found things happen when I am relaxed but gently focused. Not trying, as that blocks,

AliceA

3 Likes

Hi @AliceA, I think youā€™re right, that we each have hidden abilities that we donā€™t know, or have forgotten, how to use.

The two books Iā€™m currently reading, both of which belong to my wife, are:
ā€œBring out the Magic in Your Mindā€, by Al Koran
ā€œOpening to Channel, How to Connect to Your Guideā€, by Sanaya Roman & Duane Packer

I wanted to read them to understand what interested my wife about them.

My wife would be surprised that Iā€™m reading one book, never mind two. Normally I cannot get past page 2 without falling asleep, and the last time I read a complete book is probably about 50 years ago! Iā€™d like to investigate meditation a bit more, but I donā€™t really think Iā€™m in the right frame of mind for that at present. Maybe in timeā€¦

1 Like

Hello - I too fully expected to have dreams of my husband, and it was very sad, almost distressing, when that didnā€™t happen. Heā€™s been gone 16 months. About a month ago I finally had a brief dream (none since). He was young and happy and talking to someone (not me). I was just observing him. This dream was wonderful - he was happy . If I never have another, this one dream soothed me.
I listened to an interview where a well known actor had lost his very beloved father. He was devastated by the fact he had no dreams of him. He finally had a dream 8 years after his father had passed away.
I would like to dream of him again, but I have no control over that. I donā€™t know why some people dream and others donā€™t. I hope that you are given a dream that brings you some comfort.

2 Likes

I too dream about my husband i donā€™t know if they make me worse I havenā€™t stopped thinking about him since he passed away suddenly last year. I had a dream last night he was mumbling by the bed looking through some bags it woke me up and now I canā€™t get it out of my mind I heard his voice it was brilliant to hear him again I just miss him so much i want him to come back home

1 Like

@Alston56 The books sound good, I have found it a great comfort to carry on with the interests we shared or my husband experienced.
I think I meditated before I knew the word, my annoyed mother would call it daydreaming when I was a child. Just as she never undstood I went really deaf when reading a book.
Meditation is best kept simple.
One method is to sit relaxed but upright and follow your breath. The mind get distracted so we need to gently train it to let go of expectations.
Many chest breathe, but it is helpful to breathe with tummy expanding on an in breath. Soon it becomes natural all the time. A healthier way to breathe.
There are many methods but one I like is breathe in Love from the universe and breathe out directing it to the world, to people you love, including those no longer In material form. For self healing. Sometimes people you do not lovešŸ˜‚ Tricky sometimes!
On YouTube you will find music with Alpha, Theta and Delta frequencies. This blots out external sounds and tunes in with brain frequencies so is relaxing. Do not push yourself just sit as if the sun is on your face and you have nothing to do.
I feel this awakens our inner resources, quantum scientists agree and explain better than I.
I do know that consciousness does not die, it is energy that is not destroyed. Matter goes back to matter. The essence of the person remains. You may find some of the talks on YouTube good when you are to tired to read. Should not say that I used to sell books!!!
Let me know you how it goes.

HI
since posting about my dreaming of my husband I havent had any more, but like you the dreams i did have were very reasuring and did bring great comfort. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They may come back, but the reassurance stays doesnā€™t.
Dreams are mysterious, some time they seem to degrade the mind, others seem to teach something. Lucid dreams are more so. I have always had Remember dreams, my husband seldom remembered his but in the weeks before he passed he had amazing dreams full of facts about many things.
:grinning:

2 Likes

I too have dreams of my late husband who died in May. My last dream was on Thursday 15th October (my birthday), he was sitting in a chair chatting to me. He told me that he was happy and was no longer suffering. I woke up in surprise as the dream felt so real.

4 Likes

Hi
It is dreams like this that are so good to have. in my dream, my husband was helping me with a task, and he looked at me and said ā€œyou know you could do this without me,ā€ and i said ā€œbut it is so much better with you hereā€ and he replyed " you are doing a great job, I love you" and then i woke up.

2 Likes

Sheila, what a lovely dream. I have had many similar to you. I found Brian kneeling on the floor looking at his things which I had just been sorting through. I said. ā€œOh itā€™s youā€ and he said ā€œYes, and your not on your ownā€.
I was having problems with his daughters and he came and told me to ignore them and he would sort them out. My last lovely dream was on my birthday and he came and held me and told me how much he loved me. A few weeks later I had the last dream and he was making me pack a bag and telling me I couldnā€™t come with him. In all dreams he looked fit and well and there was a light around him. What I couldnā€™t understand was he was dressed in a suit with shirt and tie and he was a jeans person. Now his name is mentioned but he has never appeared again. These visitations lasted for a year. I still feel him with me though, there are still signs.
xxx

2 Likes

Hi Pattidot
what lovely dreams you have had, I am hoping i will have some more, my husband was a jeans person too. Xx

1 Like

My husband died suddenly 4 months ago and I havenā€™t dreamt of him once

Hello to Mrs-V
First i would like to say I am sorry for you loss, 4 months is not long, I have found this site a great help. everyone is differnt and some people have mentioned that they did not have any dreams of the husband/wife for a year or more. hope this helps
Sheila