My late mum

It is nearly 3 years since I lost my mum after she suffered from a massive stroke and never regained consciousness. Sadly she passed away on the 3rd March 2020 at Queen Elizabeth hospital Kings Lynn as my parents moved to Leverington nr Wisbech Cambridgeshire about 23 years ago from Dorking Surrey.
I am now living in Leatherhead Surrey and I am trying to move upto near my dad and now my sister who has moved up there from Dorking. So I am alone in Leatherhead and I could really do be up near my remaining family.
I have not been that great myself recently and after having surgery done on my left shoulder due to osteoarthritis. I had a ACJ OPERATION done on my left shoulder on the 25th January 2023 and finally discharged on the 31st January 2023 from the SWLEOC ORTHOPEDIC centre at Epsom general hospital and I could of done with some family around me and also since being discharged. I am now on 5 different painkillers which are some MORPHINE BASED and I am still in extreme pain. Got no one I can really talk to and started physiotherapy 3 weeks ago.
Got told last week when I saw the consultant at Leatherhead cottage hospital that I now don’t have any cartlidge left in the AC joint. I am just really really really missing my mum you were so special to me and great company and for talking to, I just wish that you were still here with us all. I know that you were in your '80s and I am now 57 years old and I am not working and I can’t due to my severe constant pain that I am in. I will be thinking of you and placing some flowers on the grave of your late mum and where you are interned as well as your wishes. May God bless you and rest in peace and I will never forget you as long as I am here. :rage::rage::rage:

3 Likes

Hello @Steve065,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing your story with us. It sounds like you have been through a lot. I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,
Seaneen

Thank you very much for your kind message I have used this service before but not for quite a while know. But with my late mum’s passing away anniversary coming up soon I just thought that I would take some thoughts to return to your wonderful work that you do and because of what I have been going through myself I just wanted to see if anyone else going through what I am or not.
I have just been suffering from severe pain in my left shoulder for well over a year now and also with the surgery that I have been through as well. :disappointed: :disappointed: :disappointed: