My lovely Dad

My Dad died suddenly in 2017, I’ve always lived with him, I was upstairs & heard him get up & put the kettle on so thought I’ll go & make his tea but in the time it took to get downstairs he had gone, massive heart attack, a big head wound because he’d hit his head. I still can’t get my head around it. I still can’t believe I’ll never see him again. I had so much left to say to him & now I never will

4 Likes

Hello @Cazza4 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your dad that brings you here. You say you are still struggling to understand the shock of his loss, grief can be so very overwhelming and confusing.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

You may also find this Sue Ryder article helpful. Losing a parent

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

So sorry Cazza. We lost my dad through a cardiac arrest too. He was the healthiest septuagenarian I know. But primary care failed him - he was going to them with symptoms of ishemic heart disease and they fobbed him off. They basically took 1/4 of his life away (his dad lived to 99, and we had no reason to think that he wouldn’t do the same).

The only blessing in this is that my dad and your dad didn’t suffer for long. My dad wasn’t in ill health, and lived a full and active, albeit prematurely cut short, life.

1 Like

Thank you, I torture myself everyday thinking did he look ill & I missed it & why didn’t I take the stairs 2 at a time? I could have caught him, my sister said I wasn’t meant to catch him, his Mum did. It’s hard with my sisters, they said we all miss him Caz & I just want to say not like me! He was mine & I was his, for my whole life he’s been everything, my Mum wasn’t around so I could never bear to leave him.

2 Likes

Thank you? I’ll never be the same. I beg him every single night to come & get me but I don’t think he’s listening,

Awww, that is a beautiful thought, that his mum caught him :heart:.

I absolutely adore and worship my dad, too. My mum told me that she was dreading telling me about dad the most, because I am his #1 fan.