My michelle

Hello everyone I lost my wife 18 months ago and still can’t move on. I’m 16 years older than her and always thought I would be the one to die first. She had a massive stroke and i had to do CPR on her which I managed to bring her back but it was so distressing to see her struggling
Whilst she was in hospital she caught coving which finally took her from me
My life will never be the same again

2 Likes

Dear @Steve7

Welcome to the Community. I am so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain in your post.

When we lose the love of our life, everything changes and we question why but have no answers.

You need to take one day at a time and be gentle with yourself. Grief has no time limit but has a rollercoaster of emotions. You will in time at your pace will move on. I would like to guide you to our recently launched helpful Grief Self-Help Service which you may find of help and support to you. It has useful information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief.

You can connect with members here by typing in the search bar Losing a Partner. This will be of help and support to you to connect with members here who have experienced what you are going through.

Please continue to reach out. We are all here to support you. You are not alone.

Take care.

Pepsi

Hello Steve
I’m sorry for the loss of your loved one. I’m 20 months in and feel like my life is stuck in some surreal limbo, with a life alone stretching out in front of me.
I am 10 years younger than my partner, and although it was likely I would be left alone eventually, nothing could have prepared me for his loss before his time and the overwhelming sadness and anxiety I am left with. He should be with me now, life feels cruel and unfair. Many here know that to be true. This community understands how bewildering life can be. I’m sorry I can’t offer you any pearls of wisdom, grief and loss do not respect age.
Take care
L

2 Likes

Hello @Steve7 and @Rarelion,
I’m sorry to both of you that you have lost your loved ones.
I’m just coming up to 16 months and this second year has been much harder to cope with than the first.
I’m 18 years younger than my husband, we always thought he would leave me first especially as the last few years he had a number of health conditions. Still doesn’t prepare you for it when it happens, the morning the ambulance took him I never dreamt that would be our last conversation. By the time we got to the hospital he was moments away from dying and never spoke again.
He had always joked he would get a telegram from the Queen, but I never even got to spend any retirement time with him.
My life , our lives have changed for ever and that takes alot of getting used to and I don’t think we ever will.
Sending love, Debbie X X

4 Likes