My mother died last week

I lost my mother to copd last week the night before my 40th birthday and I feel overwhelmed. Everywhere I look I remember her in some way. I think I’m okay for a while then I remember that my mum and best friend has gone. I love her so much, there’s a minefield of thoughts I can’t explain.

1 Like

Hi @Suzie0408 , Welcome to the Sue Ryder community and thank you for your first post.

I am so sorry to read about the very recent loss of your mother. It must feel completely overwhelming.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

There are some useful resources on our website, including this article which I thought you might find insightful, even if it simply reassures you that how you are feeling is normal.

Sue Ryder offers a free bereavement counselling service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this here.

Keep reaching out and please know that we’re here for you.

Take care,

Susannah
Online Community team

Hi Suzie, I’m so sorry. I lost my mother to cancer and copd one month ago today. My thoughts are with you. X kieran

1 Like