My mummy

Hi Im only 26 and lost my mummy… we were more like best friends… I feel like im trying too cope with it and I’m on my own most off my other family have passed away too and my brother passed away 7 years ago I’m not new too this but I do feel like this is the hardest pain off all time… I feel like someone has took my life and I’m living a nightmare every day… I do have friends and just my granny left. But my friends don’t understand they try but never will until they go through something like this… I just don’t seem to be coping some days are very good some days I’m in the corner in a ball crying x

Hello, I’m so sorry for your loss. I too am 26 and have recently lost my dad who was also my best friend. I don’t really know what to say as nothing will make it feel any better, but I suppose talking to people in similar situations may help our pain somewhat?

Hello…I’ve lost my Mum too, a little over a month ago. My Gran passed away only two weeks before my mum. I’m 44, but always lived with Mum, like you I was best pals with my Mum, and was her carer when she was ill. Last weekend was the first weekend that no one had come round, and no messages etc. It hit me like a tonne of bricks, about the time of day when Mum and I would be heading out somewhere together. You think you’re doing okay, then Boom…the pain is immense. I just keep telling myself that I have to go through this. It’s all part of grieving. We have to adjust. The good days will get more and more. You are coping. You’ve experienced a lot of loss. Let yourself grieve. Sending love and hugs to you. x

1 Like

Hello
Was directed to this page, I’m also 26 and have recently lost my dad. Nothing I can say will make either of you feel so much better but it’s maybe easier talking to you both who are the same age. Xxx

1 Like

Hi.
I’m 22 and lost my mum 12 years ago. I miss her like anything and wish I could see her and talk things through with her. The emotions come in waves, sometimes I feel completely overwhelmed, hopeless and alone. All movies I watch seem to be about people without mothers and I always end up crying my eyes out and experiencing extreme grief and loss every time this happens, it doesn’t help but it does feel like at least I’m being honest with the way I feel. I hid my emotions from everyone, including myself for about 8 years and it’s only become more painful over that time. So all I can say is that I’m sorry for your loss, noone should have to go through this level of pain. But also, even though it’s painful, facing your emotions now gives you greater hope of finding some kind of peace in the future.
Peace and love

I’m 27 and like you, my mum was my best friend. We did everything together. My mum passed away on February 13th this year and it was a massive shock. It was sudden and unexpected. I still have my dad but we’re not particularly close, since my mum died we seem to have grown further apart. I’m so sorry for your loss and hope you can find some comfort somewhere. I feel like the world is moving on and I’m stuck in a painful place with no where to turn?

I had the same loss but my dad. He was my best friend and my mum and I weren’t particularly close. My dad died 20th Jan playing football, when I got a the call to say go to hosp i assumed a bad tackle. When my world crumbled, it was completely unexpected. I too feel like everyone else is moving on and I’m stuck. Hope the pain eases somewhere.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that you have all lost your mums, and I’m glad to see you supporting each other here. I hope you don’t mind me dropping in, but do any of you have a minute to reply to a new member?

Scarb1 has lost their mum, and I’m sure they’d appreciate hearing from someone who’s been through something similar, if any of you feel able. Their post is here: https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/getting-married

Much love to you. I can relate to alot of what you are going through.<3 <3 I lost my best friend aka mum 5 days ago. I was her carer for 3 years and now have to feel my loss. Big hugs, one step at a time xxxx