My story

So I’m new here and thought I’d share my story.

I’m 25 and in total I’ve been through 2 major bereavements. 5 years ago I lost my grandmother after a long 2 years of steady decline. I wasn’t around the last 4 month’s of her life as I was on my Uni year abroad and she died a week after i returned home, it was heart breaking. Then this February, more suddenly I lost my Grandad. I was there in the weeks leading to his death and I was actually present and holding his hand when he took his last breath, something that was some comfort but still haunts me to this day.

I’ve reacted somewhat differently to my grandads death and quite frankly I feel deeply changed by it but cannot put my finger on what exactly. I’m very much closed up and deep down I don’t think I’ve fully accepted it. I see a counsellor every now and then but I decided to join this community in hope of speaking with people going through the same thing so I don’t feel so lonely and trapped in the internal monologue of my mind!

Hi so sorry to hear bout ure losses iv lost my dad and husband within 2 years im not coping well at all its hard and such a horrid thing to be going throughtx