Need help

Lost my wife of 27 years and I’m not coping well she died on 14/06/2021 and I don’t want to go on with out her any more

4 Likes

I am so sorry that you are finding yourself in this pain that we didn’t want and didn’t choose. I lost my husband of 27 years marriage 4 months ago. There was no warning and we still don’t know why. In the early days, all we can do is take it breath by breath. I spoke with my GP, you can sign up for counselling on here or with Cruse. Keep posting here as people do understand and will support. Also, try the website refugeingrief.com as it’s written by someone who has gone through this. Take care

2 Likes

Its a tough journey. You have at least found this site and there are others who understand the pain, the enormity of your loss. As Jules4 has said please speak with your GP and see what help there is locally for you. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help and support from others. I hope that you have family/friends around you.

I lost my husband in September last year. We were married over 38 years and together 42. It still feels surreal sometimes writing this. Take one day at a time, one hour at a time if that is what you need to do.

Keep posting on this forum others will give support, listen and try to help. It is very early days. We walk with you on this journey.

1 Like

Hi,
It does get better as time goes on but you do have good days and bad days

Hello @Beerbandit,

I’m so sorry to hear about your wife. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Jules4 mentioned counselling, and Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service, which I would recommend you look into. It’s free and sessions are held via video chat, so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Take care,

Mick
Online Community team

1 Like