New here

Hi, this is new to me and I’m not sure being here will help but it can’t hurt can it.
I’ve lost a few people in my life and as much as I wouldn’t want anyone to have a drawn out lingering illness everyone I’ve lost has gone so suddenly, no time to say goodbye just gone in the blink of an eye.
It’s so hard to process and if I’m honest I probably should have had counselling as a child when my mum died but they didn’t have such things back then we just had to muddle through.
In the last 10 months I’ve lost my partner, my great niece and a childhood friend and I’m a bit overwhelmed by it all.
I’m surrounded by a brilliant family and friends but I feel so absolutely alone even in amongst them.
I’m not ungrateful, I know how lucky I am to have them I just feel sad x

3 Likes

Hi Tel and welcome.

I joined this site with exactly the same mindset as you and I have to say, in the main, I have found it helpful.

I think every bereavement stirs up feelings and memories of former bereavements we may have experienced.

It’s not surprising you feel sad having experienced what you have in such a short space of time.

There’s nothing I can say which would help but for me, once I found this site, I quickly learned I was not the only one experiencing grief and that did help me feel a little less alone.
I hope it helps you too.
X

3 Likes

Many of us feel more lonely in a group than when we are with one special person.

3 Likes