New here

I lost my dad on new years day this year. We found out he had cancer in October 2016, then in November was told he just had weeks to live. To say this has turned my emotional well being upside down is an understatement. I’ve always considered myself as mentally strong. My mum died when i was 14 and i thought I would be able to deal with it, having been here before. The truth is, I’m not. I have never felt so lonely, jealous, angry, sad…you name it.

On the outside I am getting on with things. I work full time and have two kids, which all keeps me busy. But on the inside I’m crumbling.

For 5 out of the 6 months, i have had solicitors emailing me for various information, including my mother’s death cert and other info. I have an older sister and my dad has a partner, yet it seems like I’m the one who has had to handle all this unpleasant legal business.

It just feels like my feelings are coming way down the list.

I’m sorry to go on with the woe is me. Just feeling very fed up

Hi. I lost my dad the end of march. I can understand how you are feeling. My emotions to are all over the place. Just stuck in this dark place and don’t think I will ever get over losing my dad. He was my world and I miss him so much. I have always been seen by my family as the strong one to but like yourself I’m crumbling inside. Sorry for your loss. Take care

Thank you Joey. You too xx