New to the group

Hi, I lost my partner in 2016 to cancer, my dad in 2018, my mother in law in 2019 and more recently this year my mum. 4 people who were my world. For the past 5 years, I have put on a strong face, put up a wall. But I am struggling, I can’t get over the loss of my partner, we were together 23 years. I don’t think I can accept he has gone. I feel broken and stuck. I have a huge hole in my life and try to find things to fill it, but end up getting hurt. Would be interested to know if anyone else felt this way and what helped them. I just feel like I am walking around with a dark cloud all the time.

2 Likes

Hi Andrea, I think most people feel exactly how you are feeling, I remember feeling like I had a very large black cloud pushing down on top of me after my Mum died suddenly, and the same again after my husband died of cancer, we had been together for 40 years, I tried to keep very busy but you can’t block out how you are feeling, however much you try, I’m lucky that I have lovely family and friends, some of whom had been in similar situations, it still hits me on occasion, but I walk everyday with my dogs, and do my garden, it gradually gets better, but everybody deals with it differently, take a day at a time and be kind to yourself, sending love Jude xx

2 Likes