New to the group

Good evening, I am new to the group as I lost my wife to lung cancer in May this year. I am finding it very difficult to cope at the moment

3 Likes

Hello

I lost my brother to cancer 2 years ago. Your grief must be very raw

1 Like

Hi Melvyn,

My wife died at the start of September of breast cancer so I know how you feel with the not feeling you can cope. Her funeral is next week and I’m dreading it and then how life will be after

1 Like

Hi @MelvynW1, I am so sorry to hear of your loss and the difficulties you’re facing. It’s a daunting time to say the least but you have come to the right place for support and guidance.
I lost my husband in June and have found so much help here like the grief coach that I have signed up to and just knowing that everything I am feeling is normal. You will find some very helpful advice by reading other posts and it helps knowing you are not alone.
Take care
Jen

2 Likes

Hi Sue
Yes, everything is so raw at the moment, trying all avenues of support to help me cope better.
Mel

Thank you Jen,
I am finding things so difficult at the moment; I know I must ask for help and speak to people who know how things are for me at the moment.
Mel

Hi Timbo
My wife’s funeral was very traumatic for me, I was lucky I had a close loving family around me, I will be thinking of you on your sad day my friend, stay strong and keep close to your loved ones.
Regards
Mel

1 Like

Hi Melvyn

I’m sorry for your loss, I know how your feeling I lost my nan in June & im still finding it hard to cope I’ve started getting bereavement counselling with sue Ryder to try help a bit & this forum is a good source too , I hope it helps you too,

1 Like

Thank you Melvyn.

Keep talking to everyone on here. It helps.

1 Like

Thanks lakingsfan,
I will try and keep positive and asking for help on here, I agree, it as to help to talk to like minded people
Take care
Mel

1 Like