No relief from grief

I cared for my wife for 4 years. Where she was admitted to hospital 142 times, she had COPD.It slowly became worse, I use to sleep with her down stairs, I would be up 2- 3 times a night , ambulances 2 or 4 in the morning and through the pandemic I could not visit her. She passed to Spirit 8 months ago. I am 74. The house is empty, I don’t get many visits from our children. I have really bad days. I had to have crisis team out I was so poorly in my head. I don’t play golf, I don’t play bowls, what am I suppose to do now.

Hi Denby2402, I’m so sorry for the loss of your wife. It sounds like you are feeling overwhelmed right now. Grief is an overwhelming experience, and it’s normal to feel like this.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few resources with you that may help you right now.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care, Rhi

1 Like

Hello Denby2402
That’s so sad, but moved me to tears how you lovingly cared for your wife,
Hope you settle and feel comfort from being on here and a new interest and hope in the future
Take care x