No signs of her presence

As of yesterday, it’s been 7 weeks since I lost my Mum. People kept telling me to look out for signs such as feathers and that “you will feel her around you”, but there has been nothing :sleepy: She was here and now she has gone and there has been no sign to say she is still here with us. I keep thinking is she okay? Is she upset that she was taken from us so suddenly, so perhaps she is too upset yet?

I was just wondering if anybody else experienced a prolonged period of time before they could feel their loved one around them? If so, what was your first experience and how long was it before this happened?

I’m just starting to feel so lonely because I feel so lost without her here… I just need to know that at some point she will let me know she is there :heartbeat:

1 Like

I understand this completely. It took a while for me to see any signs from my Mum (she died in March). I have read that it can take a while for them to come through as it’s a transition period. Soon after my Mum died I believe I had a visitation dream from my Nan, I remember it very vividly and it is not the first time I have had such dreams since my Nan died years ago. I woke up feeling so much love from her and in the dream my Mum was in the background. I believe it was her way of saying they were together and my Mum was looked after but it was too soon for her to visit. On the day my Mum died there were lots of white butterflies, after that I saw a lot more butterflies in my garden than usual and some were dancing around each other and really made me notice. I’ve also seen quite a few robins. My Mum loved gardening and nature so I think it could be a sign. Also the plant my Mum gave us grew back for a second time this year, which has never happened before and I think it is quite unusual for that particular one to flower more than once. My Dad also had a blackbird constantly in his garden that came very close to him. I think sometimes signs appear when we’re least expecting them, and if we look too hard we don’t see them as some are so subtle. I have had one dream of my Mum more recently, which could have been a visitation dream but I’m not 100% sure. She definitely believed in all that so I was expecting to get more and at first I thought it could mean maybe there was nothing after death as out of everyone, she would definitely show signs, but having seen other experiences I think there must be. I know my Mum wouldn’t want to scare me so also wonder if her signs have been more subtle because of that.

I hope you get some signs soon and it is just taking a bit of time for your Mum to transition. Don’t give up hope. She is there with you x

1 Like

Charlotte97,
I’m sorry you lost your Mum. My Dad died twenty years ago and it took years before I had any sign of his presence.
Take care.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply, it’s reassuring to hear that other people have too experienced a long time before seeing signs and yeah you are probably right I am more than likely looking to hard and missing the subtle ones! Just so difficult when one minute they are here and every morning you wake up and they are everywhere but nowhere at the same time :sweat: Thank you so much, take care this christmas xx

1 Like

Thank you for replying, it’s reassured me hearing from yourself and @MrsRL to know that sometimes it can just take a bit longer x

1 Like

@charlotte97 I know the feeling as it was hard not to keep looking after first losing my Mum and then I noticed subtle things. It is definitely difficult and so hard to get your head around, I still can’t believe she has gone. Same to you, take care of yourself xx

1 Like

I lost my mum to covid in nov and was never a believer of people who had passed giving signs they were still around in spirit. UNTIL, the night before the funeral i was sitting up in bed unable to sleep when a mist was swirling around the window. The mist came toward me then i felt like a warm blanket had been wrapped around me and i felt calm and went to sleep. The next day i was still calm and had a warm feeling inside. I like to think this was my mum reassuring me, i had never experienced this before or since. Im sure you will be given a sign when you least expect it.

2 Likes

It might be worth going into ‘Psychic Phenomena’ and you could find some help from reading other members experiences. This subject was started some time ago but I have brought it to the top again.

2 Likes

Sometimes I think the signs take different forms that you might expect. I’ve seen robins, which I do believe are a sign that my mum is with me.

But other times, it has been something you might not realise is a sign: not long after my mum died, there were times when I was at my absolute lowest and really felt like I couldn’t carry on. At those times, more than once, my mum’s best friend either showed up at my door out of the blue (she’d gone out for a drive and had suddenly just decided to drive to our house to see us), or she texted me (at 4:30am - no reason either of us should have been awake at that time) and then immediately came round to see me when I told her how awful I was feeling. I really believe that my mum sent her to me at times when she knew I most needed it.

Once you open your mind to it, you will find signs, even if they’re not what others might have told you to watch out for.