Not allowed to grieve

My dad passed away very suddenly a few weeks ago. A friend lost someone weeks before and even after my father passed they have prayed on my kindness and used me as their personal grief counsellor, chauffeur,
Shopper, marriage fixer, I feel exhausted and need to take time to say good bye to my dad but they act like their grief is more important. I have no family apart from a narcissistic mother. I’m strong usually but at the moment I feel so weak.

Hello @Kerkyra14,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Alex you poor thing. I’m sorry that your friends are not supporting you as you would like. You should make use of the support network we have here. Sometimes it’s easier to write the way you are feeling on line like this. We are all here for you.

It wasn’t Alex :flushed::pensive:

I’m sorry I got the wrong person. Many apologies

1 Like

Hello. I’m sorry for your loss and that your friends are not acting the way you were hoping they would. Its a bloody awful time for you all. I know that if it wasn’t for my friend’s I would have gone under. Please keep posting. We’re all here for you

1 Like