Not coping

Dear Haitch thankyou so much for your kind words. The funeral is tomorrow and I want it over as I am afraid of breaking down. I can only hope that gradually life can become less devastating as it doesn’t feel possible at the moment. How do we ever fill that comfortable place that was our beloved partner

Hi Toria, don’t be afraid of breaking down. I helped to carry my wife’s coffin - it was the last thing I could do for her. I left a trail of tears and constantly had to keep wiping my eyes whilst giving her eulogy. (Crying now). Nobody is expecting you to keep a ‘stiff upper lip’ or be strong and nobody will think badly of you if you collapse into tears.
Accept everyone’s help and hugs.
H.

Thinking of u today … it’s the last big thing that will be asked of u … that’s how I felt … my husband funeral last week … I said goodbye before I got there … I told my self that was not him … that he’d already gone and was peaceful resting … u will realise ur strength afterwords . And he will be incredibly proud of you …

Thankyou so much I have just got home from the funeral and I was proud because so many came to remember him. I managed better than I expected but perhaps helped by the fact I had a complete melt down the night before .Now the loneliness starts in Ernest but I will keep doing my best x

Well done Toria.