Not sleeping

My mum died suddenly 11 weeks ago today. She was my world. One minute she was there, the next she was being worked on by paramedics and then nothing. I haven’t been able to really cry, still feel numb and I felt pressure to return to work after 6 weeks.
I haven’t had a good night sleep since. Have tried breathing techniques, lavender, even a glass of wine to put me over but I waken regularly. Any tips?
Thanks x

1 Like

Hello @Ciaramarie I’m really sorry about your mum it must have been devastating for you. I also lost my mum suddenly 7 weeks ago - she was in a care home to convalesce and I hadn’t seen her for a few weeks when I got the call to say she had died unexpectedly of a heart attack… I haven’t slept properly since then, like you I’ve tried lots of things and still wake up at silly hours of the morning. I’m tired all the time, and have also gone back to work. I wish I could say something to take it all away. I miss my mum every day. I have found that all I can do is go with the grief, and take every moment as it comes - there is no pattern to it - sometimes I don’t cry for a while and then others I cry till it hurts. This is a good place for finding support.
Take care xx

1 Like

Thanks so much for your reply. Just hearing there are others listening and understanding helps me.
So sorry about your wee mum too. So hard to deal with when we are all so isolated.
Maybe I do just need to go with it and not expect too much of myself.
Take care x

I really agree being isolated from family and friends makes this all so much harder. Grief can be so isolating anyway and it can be lonely being separated from people when we need that comfort. You lost your mum so recently and everything is so raw - try and be kind to yourself and give yourself as much time as you need to grieve xx

Hi
I’m so sorry for your loss. My mum died suddenly 5 months ago (I can’t believe so much time has passed, it still feels like yesterday) I tried Kalms night which helped me. It wasn’t a miracle cure, but it definitely helped both myself and my dad get a bit more sleep. That and playing a relaxing music got me through the worst.
Hope you find something that works. Take care x

1 Like

Firstly I’m so sorry for your loss! I’ve recently lost both my parents 2 weeks apart at the end of jan, I can’t sleep either, I feel like nothing is actually on my mind, I just can’t fall asleep, the last two weeks I’ve gone to bed and left the tv on, on a low volume and it’s helped, whether my brain unconsciously hears sounds and let’s me drift of, I dnt know but I’ve managed to actually sleep a bit with the tv! Hope it helps xx