Oh Dear Me

I am computer literate but this new system has got me beaten. I do not like it at all. Everything seems to be all over the place.

I also think when you are grieving and trying to get through one day at a time, this is the last thing you want to have to navigate.

The other system needed no instructions at all.

Sorry everyone, but I have not the patience to even want to spend time on it.

Sheila (Lonely)

2 Likes

Hi. Sheila. I think it’s just a case of getting used to it. I find this with most computer things. When I got Windows 10 I was horrified by how complex it seemed. I even went back to Windows 8 to avoid it. But now I would not want any other programme. 10 has so many new features, but at first there were no end of complaints. I think it’s the same here. I have done a bit of browsing on here and I think it works fine. Not everyone will agree. But we don’t want to lose people like yourself who are so helpful. Please give it a go. Best wishes.

And there are some good features like being able to share photos x

Hi Jonathan, I think you may be correct. When I am in the right frame of mind, I will give it a go, on the first glance I thought, good god, what a mess, but I think it is because we have had so much to deal with since we lost our loved ones, any changes just throw us. I will be patient, sit down one afternoon and give it a go.

Love

Sheila.xx

Are we all giving up too soon? It’s like a new car, getting used to the instrument layout takes time. After nearly a year I have just discovered I can use the radio with the ignition off!!! See what I mean? It LOOKS complicated, but if you take one stage at a time it works well. I can understand how those in grief can find it exasperating. We can’t concentrate and working anything out is a chore best avoided. But it’s still a very helpful and comforting site. It seems a shame to give up on it because of some complications that can be sorted.

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear that Sheila. Yes, when in the right frame of mind. We are in a state mentally, and using anything even a bit complicated can cause us to get impatient because it all used to be so easy. Actually, I find fiddling around the site makes me forget my woes even for a short time, so it can be helpful in that respect. Love and Blessings. John.

1 Like

At the moment my eyesight is playing up again and I get corneal ulcers due to a medical condition, so I think that is one of the reasons I have no patience. I will give it a go in the next two weeks when I can see better.

I cannot seem to find the private messaging page. Do you know where it is.

Love

Sheila.x

If you click onto your profile image (the one next to the three bars) you will see an envelope. Click onto that and you will get private messages. It will be highlighted if you get a message. OK?

Hi Jonathan, just testing to see if I have managed to get into this site as spent over two hours now trying to log in. It just wouldn’t accept user name, e-mail or password. Tried my own password and now changed it twice so not sure what password is. I’m fast losing the will to live.!!!
Pat

Thanks Jonathan, such a long way round to get to what you want to see.
Sheila.x

I had to log in initially, but now get on with no bother. Give Admin a shout if you can’t make sense of it. They always seem willing to help. There are bound to be teething troubles. It’s to be expected when changes are made. I am sure we will all get used to it.

Hi Jonathan. I am managing to get in now but it took a lot of doing. Didn’t seem to want me, no matter what I tried. It should have been simple enough. I did eventually manage to contact admin but initially needed to be logged on!!! although helpful I still had a problem. I dread ever having to log in again as I have been trying out different passwords, goodness knows which one eventually worked.
I’m sure there will be teething problems, I remember when we was introduced to e-mails at work, my goodness what confusion. I think that most of us would rather remain in our comfort zone though.

Pat xxx