On a downwards spiral

It’s a terrible shock for you both, my mum is finding it difficult to cope so I spend lots of time with her , you must find time to grieve like I said it’s a lot of emotions to deal with I always try and think what my dad would say he used to say “stop crying babe you make me cry” I am now starting to think of the good times and believe it or not that was his song for the good times by perry como, check it out on you tube and listen to the word their beautiful.
Xx

Hi

Just listened and agree lovely. I listen to Alone Again by Gilbert o’Sullivan, What I did for Love by Josh Grobin and The Closest Thing To Crazy by Katie Melua. Mum liked them all so i can think about her whilst listening.

Mel

Just listened, yes it’s lovely. Thankyou x

Mum’s all time favourite was Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler - we had them play it at her funeral.

I definitely agree, you have to have time to grieve, it’s so hard with young children also my daughter has just turned 3 & when she sees me sad she says it’s ok mummy grandads in the sky with the airoplanes… she doesn’t understand and daily things just seem pointless when you feel so sad, like someone has stabbed you in the heart but them days do get less! I still have really bad days were it is so hard to even get out of bed and get dressed but I do have better days when I’ve thought of memories and I’ve smiled or even laughed. My dad passed in July so I would say in time you do get better with coping, I don’t think it will ever go away though. I only had my dad and still relied on him a lot & we was so close. His illness came as a shock but treasure all the time we had from then!
Also want to say R.i.p to all the beautiful people that are missing in our lives!!..
I’m so thankful to have this site some days, even when I don’t write I like to read & know I’m not the only one who struggles sometimes.
Love to all x