One year ago today I lost my mum

Exactly a year ago today I lost my beautiful mum, I feel like I am re living the few days before and after, even the smells in the air! I feel like I want to be there with her again and say things I wish I had said last year to her. I so want to see her one more time, I’m 54 but I feel like a little girl lost. I know I have lovely memories and happy times and as much as I try and think of them I just yearn to hug her again :cry:

3 Likes

Hi, I’m so sorry to hear how your feeling I lost my mum nearly two weeks ago & the pain is so hard to take, I feel angry some times , immense guilt & a feeling of being lost, I too feel like that little girl that needs her mum just once more even though I’m 58, I never thought I’d feel this heartbroken people say time will heal the pain & that you will get through it, but reading your post I guess it’s still hard to get over, I hope we all can see a way through this pain, you are in my thoughts, keep in touch & hopefully we can help each other to see a way to miss our mums without it hurting so much
Take care
Lynn xx

2 Likes

Hello love, I totally understand what you are going through…I lost my mum.last year and my beautiful dad this year too… devastating…

The world as we knew it will never be the same without them, the world is absolutely ok when they are in it warts and all…though once gone, that void, that hole, that emptiness can only be filled by them leaves the world looking and feeling very different…

One thing I did with my mum is I wrote to her, this was advised by the counsellor on here, I took my time and it was strange at first, but then I did feel like I had wrote and told her, everything I could think of at the time…how amazing she was, our ups and downs, our amazing family unit, how my dad missed the love of his life, and how if I could live my Life again I would always chose her to be my mum…and though the world is not the same without her, it sure was a much better place for having her in it…Give it a try love, it really does help…:heart::pray:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for replying, this might sound strange but it’s a comfort knowing there are other people that know and understand how I feel. I will try writing a letter to her, I have so much to say! :heart::pray:

1 Like

Bless you and I totally agree about having others that understand, I wrote on here today about my dad as the grief hit me this morning out of the blue…and the reply I got warmed my heart just to know someone else feels my pain…humans can be so amazing even if we don’t know each other personally…

Let the writing and the tears flow and may your heart be filled and healed as you remember your beautiful mum…bless you…:heart::pray:

1 Like

Hi I definitely feel I want to write a letter too, I know it won’t be the same as telling her in person but I feel it would give me comfort and bring me closer to her, I miss her so much & am dreading the funeral, I would like to put a letter in with her so she knows how much I love & miss her, I think we all cling on to the hope we will see our loved ones again, you are all in my thoughts & I hope your finding ways to cope with your loss, this is such a nice site to come onto & be among people that understand how you feel,
Thinking of you
Lynn x

2 Likes