One year on

Today marks one year from when my wonderful husband went out for a run and never returned. No goodbyes. Although the shock is no longer there, my heart hurts just as much now as it did then. Thinking of all of you who know what the absolute devastation feels like.

2 Likes

Hi Jules4 today is a year since my husband’s funeral, like you the shock has gone but I still miss him dreadfully. I’m sat here with no motivation again if he was still here he would be saying Come on let’s get in the garden work to be done. Thinking of you also.Take care Ang

1 Like

Thank you Ang, I know what you mean about no motivation. There doesn’t seem much point in most things now. I know he would want me to be happy - it’s just difficult to know how. My thoughts are with you too.

The one year anniversary of losing my husband is in two weeks. Although the initial shock has gone I still think of that awful night when he died in bed beside me - cardiac arrest. I feel I will never be the same person which is a shame because I quite liked that version of me - no worries, fun and laughter ruled our roost. Now I’m just dead inside plodding along one day to the next. I’ve been in the garden most of the day. He loves it out there and would be out there morning till night when the weather was nice. I miss him so much it physically hurts. We had so many plans for when he retired but he didn’t make it. Now i must live this life for the both of us, our two sons and four grandchildren.

Much love
Georgina

1 Like

@Jules4 hello jules thinking of you today and hoping you have support around you today. My thoughts are with you sending love and hugs x

Thank you Casey. I know you know how hard it is so thinking of you also.