One year on

One year on from losing my husband and I don’t feel any better. I miss him so much everyday its awful. I’m never felt so alone . When will the pain stop, never I don’t think. Going away soon to Devon. he was my world. Even in a room with people I still feel alone if that makes sense.

12 Likes

That makes total sense. You can be surrounded by people and still feel that loneliness.
It’s a year on 21st of this month since mark died. Miss him so much. Dreading the build up to it, I keep thinking about what was happening this time last year.
Hope you manage to enjoy your trip away.
Sending love and hugs to you xx

5 Likes

Hello. Yes it makes sense. …we understand. It’s 2 years for me and although there are certainly less bad days, right now I feel pretty down. We have to keep going.

3 Likes

I actually feel lonelier when I’m amongst lots of people, for example in a supermarket than when I am all alone in the house, because at home, I’m not alone, I’m with my husband. He will always be with me, I feel so awkward when I have to get out of the house for errands, I’m just a half person walking around, I see everything and everyone through different eyes now, I just have no interest, this world that keeps turning and I’m just standing still watching it go by.

5 Likes

I feel alone with friends and family.
That will never change.
You cannot replace your soulmate.

6 Likes

I feel lonely amongst family and friends I just want Martin, he was my everything. I’m still in disbelief that I will never see him again. Everyday I have no interest in doing anything.
Life still goes on around me and I feel so detached from everything and just so sad that I’m still living without the one person who made live worth living.
Sending hugs
Amy x

7 Likes

Oh Amy, you described exactly how I feel. I lost Ian just over 14 months ago now and yet to me, it seems like yesterday.
I have no real interest in anything and feel quite detached from everything around me. I’m often asked are you looking forward to certain events and I reply no.
I feel so strange most of the time, it’s as if I’m surrounded by a grey cloud that that I can’t step out from.

The thought of many more years like this fills me with horror …….

Julie x

5 Likes

@Trixie1 I so get that the dark cloud above us every day, I too don’t look forward to anything, I have friends which I can’t be bothered to mix with, my family are supportive but I just want Martin. 20 months he’s been gone and I am still shocked, the sadness is so deep and the yearning for him is so paramount. I’m only 51 and just so wish life hurried up so I can be with my Martin, why can’t we have the choice to go with them, euthanasia should be allowed for grievers, it’s so very difficult without Martin.
Sending hugs
Amy x

5 Likes

Hello Amy

I’ve been having similar thoughts myself. I am 69 and live alone as family live far away. I’m just so tired of having to ‘distract’ myself that often I think why bother. I lost my life when Ian lost his and nothing can ever change that.
Most ‘friends’ are too busy, what an excuse!
It’s a shame we live so far away as I’m on the Devon/ Cornwall border as it would be nice to meet up for a chat.

Look after yourself,
X Julie

2 Likes

Hi Amy and Julie,

I’ve just posted on another thread saying how pointless my life is now. People just don’t understand the devastation that the death of a partner causes. Your whole life as you knew it changes instantly. I don’t have anything to look forward to anymore and that will never alter. No matter how much I might try to distract myself, my husband is on my mind 24/7. I was doing something last night and I just said out loud “what are you doing”? “why are you bothering”? Just thinking that my husband is no longer on this earth takes my breath away and the pain I feel is unexplainable.

Take care.x

5 Likes

I feel exactly the same as you do about my late wife.
I have lost interest in everything and am just going through the motions.
It is some comfort to know that loads of people are also leading a nightmare existence.
11 months and counting.

4 Likes

I am a year on from the dreadful diagnosis that my husband had cancer which was terminal. They didn’t know how long he had but it would prove to be a very short time, he died on 10th November. We had a terrible time and he suffered unnecessarily. The NHS let him down badly . I will relive each awful day from now until the anniversary of his death. I love him now and always .

5 Likes

Hi , almost a year since my husband died . I know what you mean . I am reliving every day from this time last year . Now my life is empty . My heart is shattered . My husband took the best of me with him . And all I am now is a no body . A nothing . Thinking of you xtake carex

5 Likes

Hi
Same here will be a year on 21st of this month and I am reliving what happened this time last year. Our daughter was getting married on 17th (postponed 3 times due to covid) and mark was getting worse by the day but with a struggle he made it to see her get married. I’ve found today difficult with the sad news of the queen. The news of her family travelling to be with her just brought it all back.
A sad day. She was an amazing lady xx

3 Likes

Hi .yes sad news about the Queen . But she will be with her loving husband now. That’s all I want to be back in the loving arms of my husband .I know I will one day .but it’s taking too long. Xtake carex

3 Likes

Deeply saddened to hear of Queen Elisabeth’s death. Great monarch, devoted to her royal duties right until the end. I’m following the specials on TV, I have to say she was greatly loved here in Italy.

2 Likes