Ongoing Grief

It’s been 4 years since I lost my beautiful Mum and 6 months later my Dad.
I miss them every day particularly my lovely mum who was my friend. Losing her feels like yesterday and despite the time passed I still have days where I struggle immensely to live a normal life without her. So much has happened that I would share with her , good things and challenges that would ask for her advice. I live with my partner of 30 years and have 2 dogs.
Have no kids and what makes it harder is the only sister I have doesn’t bother much with me or able to share memories about Mum.
My anger over the years resulted in falling out with my sisters kids who have now wiped me out of their lives. So I feel totally alone despite my partner.
I find working manageable but struggle with enjoying life or doing things I used to enjoy. An ongoing struggle a bottomless pit and loss of hope in living again as I did when my parents were here.
Those hugs , talks and compliments I used to receive , the unconditional love I used to give and receive , all gone since they left my life , an ongoing emptiness…. :disappointed:

1 Like

Dear @Rob5

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your parents. I see that you are new to Community, I do hope it will be of support and comfort to you.

I would like to share a few resources by Sue Ryder which may be of help to you at this time.

There is a useful Grief Guide that contains information to help you understand and cope with your bereavement and grief. When you feel ready, it would be worth having a look at it.

It might be helpful for you to book and appointment with your doctor to let them know how you feel and to see how they can support you. You may wish to consider one to one Counselling. Sue Ryder free online Bereavement Counselling which you may be interested in. It would be worth having a look at it.

There is also a blog on Losing a Parent which may be of help and support to you. You can also connect with members here who have been in a similar situation as yourself.

Grief Coach text service, which sends you personalised text support via SMS. This is helpful for family and friends too.

You can connect with members here who have been in a similar as yourself by using the search bar above.

You are not alone, we are all here for you. Please continue to reach out at any time.

Take care.

Pepsi

1 Like

Thank you :pray:t2: